“Sunday morning breakfast ”
Review of Cafe Dolce

Cafe Dolce
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Norwalk
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Found this place just down the street from our hotel. Great crepes and croissants. Best croissants since I've been France! Friendly staff and they bring you the when it's ready!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

I've passed by Cafe Dolce numerous times on Route 7 in Norwalk. I often wondered what it was like, but just never found the time to stop in.
That all changed when I read an outstanding review of this place in a local Norwalk newspaper.
The cafe has a delectable array of pastries and cakes on view. Can't wait to try these.
But today, I was there for breakfast. The cafe offers crepes in both sweet and savory versions. I opted for the spinach and feta cheese crepe.
I don't usually take photos of my food, but the presentation was just beautiful. Two wonderfully thin crepes, filled with feta cheese, that had just the right amount of saltiness, and the freshest spinach, all drizzled with a balsamic reduction. That balsamic reduction was no decoration.....it really elevated the taste to such a higher level.

The place is bright and inviting. While I sat and enjoyed my crepe numerous people came in, who seemed to be regulars. The staff were warm and friendly to all.

This is such a nice hidden gem on Route 7. I'm sorry that I just passed it by so many times but now it's certain to be one of my go-to places!!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Cafe Dolce has the best European pastries and cakes in the area. They have a great selection of food besides desserts: savory crepes, salads, soup, paninis. The owner and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

This coffee and pastry shop balances the perfect mix style between a urban and country style shop. The coffee is excellent and the pastries... superb! Handmade pies, Hungarian pastries, traditional croissant... I recommend all. The owner and the staff are very friendly.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

it was truly a huge letdown. Why do I say that ? The coffees and pastries were very good but the "regular" food was average "at best" . The many crepes we tried were boring and tasteless, and what they claim is "nutella" is far from it....... and the main guy behind the register should be a lot more personable.

Expected to love this place......won't be back.

2  Thank Bosox02