“Absolutely delicious”

Cafe Dolce
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Norwalk
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Our local son raved to my wife and me about Cafe Dolce. Our first visit confirmed all of his promises and has tempted us back again and again for breakfast, for lunch and for just plain self-indulgence. Excellent croissants, both sweet (e.g. chocolate) and savory; the morning spinach and feta croissant served warm is especially highly recommended. All manner of tempting Hungarian cake slices. My wife loves the Linzer torte cookies. My personal favorite sweet is the excellent flaky apple strudel.

A reasonably large selection of crepes with sweet fillings and four savory options. The Parmagian savory crepe is very good, but not quite excellent… made with the same general purpose batter used for the sweet crepes instead of buckwheat batter traditionally used for savory crepes.

As an FYI, the menu also includes paninis, pasta of the day and salads but we have not yet tried those.

A large selection of coffees, teas and cold drinks. The menu board features a column showing the “Single Source Coffee” for the day; on my most recent visit the source was Burundi… interesting but I am not enough of a coffee connoisseur to be able to tell the difference. All I know is that the coffee is consistently very good… black and/or as a latte, etc.

The cafe is located in a small street small with adequate parking. Space inside is also on the smallish side, with communal seating; choice of chairs at large tables or tall stools at a front window ledge. Place and pay for your order at the display counter, choose your seat and then your order will be delivered to you. Service staff is friendly.

Additional notes:
- Clean washroom
- For those that care… good customer WiFi bandwidth… but during busy peak times I have seen management ask lingerers to give up their seat to make room for other waiting customers.

Bottom line: Notwithstanding my kvetch about the savory crepe batter, an excellent choice for indulging sweet cravings.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

It’s like a hip Brooklyn Coffee shop in Norwalk . The parties are European with the bakers from The Hungarian Pastry Shop. A legend near Columbia University.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

My favorite "cortado" is from this place-it's done so well. The hungarian pastries are soooo well done too.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We are staying near this cafe and looked for somewhere for brunch. Found Cafe Dolce and loved t! We like strong coffee and was made as requested. We had a pancake and croissant at our table and both were delicious. The staff are warm and courteous. Looking forward to brunch every morning during our stay in Norwalk.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Found this place just down the street from our hotel. Great crepes and croissants. Best croissants since I've been France! Friendly staff and they bring you the when it's ready!

Been to Cafe Dolce? Share your experiences!