“Finally GOOD Mexican food in NE!”

Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 118 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 February 2015

We used to go weekly to a great Mexican place before we moved to CT. So, we have been searching near and far for something equivalent in price and taste...we finally found it at Mi Casa! I had a fantastic frothy margarita-best around! My son ordered the Enchiladas Rancheras and I ordered the Fajitas Mi Casa. Generous portions, real refried beans, fluffy rice. The fajitas are torn up in to tiny pieces. The meat comes out it large chunks that haven't been cooked to dryness and then glossed over with grease. The shrimp was tender, the chicken and steak maintained their own flavors by not being pieced to death. The veggies were al dente and the guacamole had huge chunks of avocado in it! The ONLY thing I would change is to serve them with flour tortillas instead of corn. But that's a personal preference. The price was right too. My fajitas were $13.95 and my son's huge plate of enchiladas was $11.95. We will definitely be back. FYI, the parking is in the back and is a little difficult to find the entrance if you aren't looking. To miss it is easy because the restaurant is in a building downtown facing a street. The atmosphere is exactly what you would expect, cheap furniture, TVs playing soccer, and a little decor. They focus on the food and not the ambiance, which is okay with me!

1  Thank Jennifer W

Reviewed 9 November 2014

Real Mexican food in Norwich Ct. I always start with a Margarita and chips, the salsa is homemade, a little heat and very different then what you get from a jar. I usually get the
quesadilla mi casa with pork and rice and beans. its a large serving and you have to be very hungry for finish the entire meal. The tacos are easily the best around, so full you get to soft tortillas per taco with wedges of lime and some cactus slices.
This is not a fancy place , and can be a little chilly at times. The Mexican waitresses speak both English and Spanish, and are very helpful if you have questions about the menu.

A dinner for 2 with drinks runs about $35, and will leave with leftovers.

if you like real Mexican this is the place for you, if your looking for taco bell this is not the place.
They have two real cooks on staff who are trained and experienced which shows in the quality of the food.

1  Thank steve B
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We ate dinner here on a Sunday night following a day trip to Westerly and Watch Hill. For some reason, it was difficult to find, because even though it’s on Main Street, the restaurant has few if any decorations or signage indicating a Mexican restaurant. We could as well have entered a bank!

Service was prompt and attentive by our Puebla-based server. Our meal was good, good value, but nothing extraordinary. The salsa was tasty but a bit too hot. My son did not fancy his burrito, as the chicken seemed dry yet covered in a sort of red barbecue sauce. I really liked my flautas, though, and the guacamole covering them was delicious. As an additional plus, the menus featured a number of good photos from which to choose rather than having to get the poor waitress to describe each dish.

Norwich didn’t seem to have many great places to eat, but Mi Casa appeared and proved to be a safe bet for folks driving through. If you’re in the mood for beans, rice, and an enchilada-type meal, why not give it a try?

6  Thank Cherry_Wonderdog
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stopped in this casual spot on our way home from Rhode Island based on previous reviews. We were a little put off by the location on route 2 in downtown Norwich and the parking was a bit of a pain, however, we are so glad we stopped. The atmosphere is very casual with a bar next to the sparse dining room. The service was quick and everything was done right. We loved the spicy salsa with chips and the nacho dinner with ground beef. The nachos had fresh avocado on top which was delicious (no odd flavor like the ones I tend to get at home). The rest of the family had various fajitas with steak, chicken and shrimp. They included peppers, onions, tomatoes, rice, beans, guacamole and sour cream. The chicken was especially good and we have lots of leftovers for tomorrows lunch. Total cost with sodas for 4 people was $75 with tip and tax. Great value - be sure to check this restaurant out if you are near by.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Authentic Mexican food, good service, generous margaritas! we've been to this restaurant a number of times and must say it is very consistent in quality of food and drinks.when we want Mexican food this is always our first choice,support this local small business you'll be glad you did.