“Mexican Tacos!!!”

Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 119 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Friends that live in the area Brought us! Wow like a visit direct to Mexico! Without montazumas Revenge. The tacos were similar to Ones I've had in Monterrey or Cozumel! They even have Persidente! Ole'!

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

But it was so bizarre that our food really did come cold to lukewarm. It boggles my mind how a restaurant serves food this way--and clearly on a regular basis since other reviews noted it....I was hoping it was not so ---If we had not been dining with friends as their guests after they raved about this place, I would have sent my food back and asked them to heat it properly...Because, it may have helped improve the taste of the food! For one, I am not sure why they call The Salsa, salsa---it was ok spicy, but the weirdest salsa I have ever seen--and not terribly flavorful! I will say that they used perfect avocado as garnish on our meals. The beans and rice were very good (but I love salty , and the beans were pretty salty) ....but the enchiladas rancheras were HORRIBLE. No flavor, really, --with chunks of chicken. The ranchera sauce lacked cumin and chili powder. --Like just red clumps of sauce. And if it is a chicken enchilada, the chicken should be well seasoned and shredded!! Seriously, it was BAD. I wish it had been different, but it was not. And I am a person of Mexican heritage and ethnicity, that still loves Tex-Mex---and this didn't even rate that!!! I gave it an average rating instead of terrible because they do have Mexican Coke to drink, and the tres leches cake was delicious (though not really authentic in flavor and presentation). I LOVE Mexican food, but this restaurant is not good. So sad.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Mexican food should not be expensive. We all know why .... rice, beans, lettuce, tomato, sauces and mediocre proteins. The restaurant is located in the center of downtown Norwich with bums and vagrants outside. Went for lunch yesterday with a friend. Cost us $30 including a $5 tip and we had water. Faitas and tostados - $13.95 and $8.95. Food was very plain and had no sauce. When we asked for hot sauce we got weak hot sauce and green sauce. Both tasteless. Service was below average, Restaurant was empty except for bar patrons. Kids of workers running around. Will not return.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Decent Mexican food for Groton/New London. Good home made chips and salsa but I cant believe you have to pay for them when you are ordering lunch for 3 people!!!!

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Great place when you're craving good Mexican food! Expansive menu options all at affordable prices. It's a perfect place for lunch and the hurache is absolutely delicious!