“Good Philly Cheesesteak in Norwich”

Philly's A Taste Of Philadelphia
Ranked #4 of 119 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 22 August 2017

I love the Ivo, I get it every time I go there. It seems to have gotten a bit less cheesy the last few times I went, but it is still delicious. The Honey BBQ & Buffalo fries are a MUST. Truly the gems of the menu. My only complaint would be that I have waited a REALLY long time for my food to come out when ordering in. One time we waited almost 45 minutes when the place was empty. So we just call in our order to avoid that, and all is good. I definitely recommend this place to people looking for a good cheesesteak.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Don't let the outside of the restaurant fool you. The food is SO good and the interior is clean and themed like a ballpark cheesesteak stand! In the land of Connecticut, where people don't quite know what hoagies are, these cheesesteaks are amazing!

The owner was very nice and was quick to make things right when we were missing a sandwich in our order. Everything we had to eat was great. My only warning is that "a la mode" option for the Philly fried bread was the tiniest scoop of ice cream we'd ever encountered. For an extra dollar, we expected an actual scoop of ice cream with the dessert. Aside from that, it's delicious!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

The meat here is very flavorful and juicy, no doubt because it is the fattier rib eye. The bread was nice and soft. Quite a lot of onions, which I found overpowered the taste of the meat. decent sized, though they give you a fork, which is kind of pushing it. takes a little while to get the sandwich. Didn't try anything else. I would come back if in the area...

Reviewed 12 May 2017

I was hungry for a great sandwich and this was clearly a hit. We were greeted when we walked in , and yes he was from Philly, and he made some great recommendations. For my I like spice so I got a sandwich with hot peppers and it was full of flavor so I would have it again. My partner had a straight up Philly Cheese Stake sandwich and both sandwiches had the classic cheese sauce. Definitely a return trip is in order.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Second time visiting here, they make an awesome Philly Cheese Steak with Real Cheese Whiz! This is a must visit when in Norwich for a nice steak lunch sandwich. The only issue is order time. There were only 4 people dining in, and it took over 15 min from the time someone took my order, to getting my food and heading out the door. Just don't be in a hurry when visiting Philly's.