“Decreased size ”

Ranked #41 of 119 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Pizza
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

While the food is just as tasty as ever, the portion size is a fraction of what it used to be. Been going to Manny' more than 12 years and the meals used to be unfinishable but as of a recent meal there, they are embarrassingly small...too bad because at one time they were the best bargain on the planet!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Went to Sunday dinner with a friend. Was surprised by their varied selection and we both decided on the pot roast which was excellent with a generous portion. Server was very helpful and friendly and we split a piece of chocolate cake for dessert (half the calories that way). Was a pleasant dining experience!

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Terrible, terrible experience. Ordered pickup, when we walked in poor old Manny was getting yelled at by his daughter in front of customers. Pizza was just ok, nothing special. The chicken Alfredo pasta was the worst I've ever had. It was so bland, chicken was overcooked, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't even atleast salted. Needless to say, I will never return.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Manny's has delicious food with large servings. I had Manny's house special veal parm twice in the last month and it was delicious. A large portion of veal, with sauce, cheese, peppers, sausage and cheese over pasta! I brought home half and had it for two other meals. Their chicken parm, eggplant parm and american chop suey are also delicious. The service is always great, the waitresses are very pleasant. Good prices and much more than just a pizza restaurant.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

I haven't been to Manny's in over 10 years, the last time was in it's previous location down the road next to Dunkin Donuts.
That being said, I knew from other folks that they served big american dishes - you know the ones - heavy on the carbs and fryalator.
Well, throwing caution to the wind, we decided to try it just for a look-see.
The decor is bright though a bit bland. I could tell by the majority of people there - a number of elderly women that it can't be too bad. ( you're mother should know)
Lots of booths gives a sense of privacy. The menu(s) - one was the full menu - another for the lunch specials. Both offered a wide range of meals at reasonable prices. ( no wonder all the older gals!).
I asked about a GF (gluten free) menu and the helpful waitress informed me only a pizza was available. Ray said -"What about the broiled fish dish's?". Don't you just luv it when the customer is more informed then the waitstaff?
Ray went for the small tuna salad, I chose the broiled fish with spinach. I had to ask - the fish was haddock. The waitress brought over my salad. I had forgotten to order a drink - I asked if they served ice cream floats - No such luck. I settled for a root beer. ( btw - they have beer & wine available).
Getting back to the food at hand - the salad. A small bowl filled primarily with ice berg lettuce - with one thin slice of green pepper and maybe what appears to be almost one slice of tomato. There might have been some onion in there - not sure.
( sigh.....) I can't remember the last time I had a berg lettuce salad - but if I was pushing 65+ - maybe it wouldn't matter - but C'mon folks - Ice berg lettuce! To top it off - I requested creamy garlic salad dressing - which might have been sour cream mixed with garlic powder. (pathetic).
Rays tuna salad arrived with my main course. It looked impressive. He enjoyed the tuna - but said the coleslaw was" too coarse".
My haddock dish arrived - scorching hot ( I see a future lawsuit in the making). Once it cooled down - it was pretty decent! - though I did request some cheese to give it a bit more flavor.
I did inquire about dessert - but the choices were sparse & atypical.
oh well.
I guess I'll wait another 10 years.

1  Thank Just G