“Better than most Chains!”

On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #19 of 85 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Every day at 8 a.m., we start chopping veggies, soaking beans, and prepping our mesquite-fired grill. Not because we have to, but because we believe in delicious flavors made-to-order, from hand-rolled enchiladas to our sizzling fajitas to guacamole made right at your table. Everything pairs nicely with a grande margarita, and of course, enjoy the always endless chips and salsa.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I met an old friend here for dinner. It was early on a Friday night and we ordered margaritas, which were good. I had shrimp tacos and guacamole. All were great- fresh and tasty. I was pleased with the service and the food. Would not hesitate to come back!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We came here for dinner earlier in the dinner period and were seated quickly enough, although as the restaurant filled up, our waitress seemed increasingly distracted. Our food was good, although it was *incredibly* salty - some of our chips were so salty that we couldn't eat them, hence my taking away a star.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

My son suggested we dine here, so he and his friend and I went on a Thursday early evening. They had both been before, but my first time.

I ordered a virgin pina colada, and my son had one with the rum. His friend had the House Frozen Margarita. We all enjoyed the drinks.

No apps. I ordered the big bordurrito with steak, son and his friend both ordered one of the combo meals, which they'd had before. We were also brought family bowls of both refried beans and Mexican rice.

My bordurrito was to die for. The only complaint is that it's supposed to have red peppers and there were 3 small pieces of red pepper in one-half of it, the other half had none. Even with that, it was delicious. The combo meals were enjoyed, as well.

We ended the dinner with caramel churros, which are served with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Let me tell you, I would die a happy girl if that were my last meal, just the churro. ;)

So much food, that I brought home the other half of my burrito, the beans, the rice and some of the churros. The burrito reheated beautifully, the churros got a little limp, but were still tasty.

The customer service needs some work. When I first arrived, Melissa was all over me, helping me with the menu choices, fawning over me. But as soon as my dinner companions showed up, she pretty much disappeared. I could see her waiting on other tables at times, but it didn't seem we should have been forgotten. I'd definitely go again. The food is well worth it.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Family dinner for three. Asked to be seated at a booth instead of a table in the middle of a completely occupied main dining room, and was given a booth in nowhereland. The waitress tried, but was always a step late, as well as the manager. We had the mini-tacos (very good), steak fajita salad (pretty good, ask for dressings on the side, because you might not like what you get!), and Monday night's special, all you can eat enchiladas (very good). Service could've been better and the jalapeno vinaigrette was disgusting, tasted fruity - which is strange when you're expecting heat. Probably wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Went here twice whilst on holiday. Only found it by accident and it is nothing special to look at but inside its a different story. Excellent Mexican food - reasonably priced and ready quickly. Do try if you are passing like I say not much to look at from the outside but don't let this put you off - yummy