US$152
Hotels.com
US$64
US$73
US$65
All reviewsoutback steakhousenew havenbusiness tripbistro staffstarbucks coffeefriendly front desk staffsports channelsone night stayoff the highwayking roomconvenient locationroom was clean and comfortablemini fridgeloveseathousekeepingctcollege
Reviewed 28 September 2017

This place does not offer free coffee in the lobby. You have to buy Starbucks coffee. don't get me wrong I like Starbucks coffee.
But they cant offer free coffee in the lobby if Starbucks is being sold. The room coffee is a joke. poor quality of coffee and the coffee pot is a toy, No lobby coffee in the morning with my paper is a crime. I have to go up to my room for coffee and back down for my Moring paper and enjoy a little free time without running up and down the stairs. Coffee shop doesn't open until 6:30AM. What! No bathtub?

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Mike F, General Manager at Courtyard New Haven Orange/Milford, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Dear Ron K,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard New Haven Orange/Milford.

One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we are sorry your impression of the hotel was marred by the lack of free coffee. You are correct that since Courtyard Hotels started selling Starbucks through our Bistro in the morning the free coffee service has gone away. We hope the quality of the service and Bistro offerings provide an invigorating start to your day.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider Courtyard New Haven Orange/Milford on your next visit to Orange so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

MIKE FERGUSON

Reviewed 27 September 2017

This is what I wrote to the General Manager:

"Dear Mr. Ferguson,

I have just completed my stay at your hotel and I have to say that I am terribly disappointed by the abysmal customer experience I encountered at your hotel.

I used the Marriott App to let Fronk Desk know that I will be checking in at 1:20am on Tuesday the 26th (I booked the room for September 25th) and asked if they have a platinum upgrade available to one of your suites. Furthermore, I also have requested extra amenities to be sent to the room prior to arrival. I NEVER received a reply, acknowledging that they have received my notification (or whether the upgrade could be provided) nor did the amenities was provided in the room.

I checked in at 1:20am as scheduled, and nobody was in the reception area. Instead, the lady who was supposed to be there was outside, smoking and talking with a gentlemen. I found this to be terribly unprofessional. She came in and with a swift, asked me "can i help you?" and I said I was checking in, and she asked for my last name, and gave me my room card. She did not, at any point, mentioned the Platinum Welcome Gift of both the 400 extra points and the food + beverage amenities that I am entitled to as a Marriott Platinum Member. Furthermore, she also did not mentioned anything about my prior requests, whether the suite is available or not, or if the amenities were sent up. NOTHING. Being it was late and I was exhausted, I opted to retire to the assigned room and rest, and asked for your email the following morning, through the Marriott App, to which I received a prompt response, along with an apology for unable to provide me with a suite (too little too late don't you think?)

To make matters worse, the pillows in the room were horrible and did not provide sufficient sleeping quality. Imagine sleeping on a sack of cotton balls? I did, however, appreciate the new room refresh and the comfortable bed, along with the cleanliness of the room.

I understand that each Marriott hotel is independently owned and operated, however, they must conform to a strict standard that makes the Marriott hotel chain what it is, and believe that the Courtyard by Marriott Orange / Milford does not represent the image nor quality of what a Marriott hotel should be.

I implore you to train your night staff better and to check on the condition of your guest room pillows, so that this will not happen again to any of your customers, let alone a Platinum member.

Thank you for your kind attention."

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Mike F, General Manager at Courtyard New Haven Orange/Milford, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear axriyadi,

Thank you for reaching out to me and expressing your concerns with our hotel. I’m sorry we didn’t notice your tweet and were unprepared for your arrival. I have spoken with the team including Linda who was on break upon your arrival. We strive to provide excellent service and are sorry we have fallen short. The information regarding the lack of availability for an upgrade is correct. Unfortunately for you and the other platinum members here that night, the suites were sold at full rate. Often I wish I could have a floor of special rooms for seasoned travelers like yourself. This would provide the amenities and recognition you deserve for traveling so much and reward you further for your loyalty to Marriott.

Again, thank you for your communication. If there is anything further I can do for you please reach out.

At your service,

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Our life takes us to many places and many hotels. In addition to that, I have over 15 years experience in Hospitality. The staff at the Courtyard By Marriott in Orange, CT is by far the best hotel staff I have experienced in years. EVERY staff member we encountered was polite, kind, friendly, smiling and courteous. The room was clean and comfortable and a perfect fit for our needs. One night stay and we took advantage of the pool, breakfast, evening cocktails, snack bar and of course the room itself. Clearly the staff at this property is happy to be a member of that team! What a joy to see this! (Our trips to this area every year come with some emotional baggage and this experience made our family feel happy and joyful for the first time in years during this trip. I can't thank you enough!!)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

As a gold elite member I'm use to getting the things I request in a room. According to my profile I request a room on a higher floor but for some reason I didn't get that here. I was on the first floor for the first time in years. Plus the shower looked dirty. I had to wear shoes in the shower just to make sure. I have another trip planned to this location next month but I'm thinking about changing hotels

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Mike F, General Manager at Courtyard New Haven Orange/Milford, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Dear Nicholas R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard New Haven Orange/Milford.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for not being able to provide a room on the first floor during your recent stay. It is unusual that we cannot meet this request. We have also shared your feedback with the housekeeping team to ensure all rooms exceed Marriott’s stringent cleanliness standards.

Your loyalty to Marriott brands is very much appreciated. We hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Orange.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We stayed here on our way to the Jersey Shore. I booked the room a couple weeks prior using up my Marriott points. We just needed a place to crash. The room was decent a little small but adequate. What surprised me is no complimentary coffee or even a bagel in the AM. Thank god I used my points and didnt have to pay the full $200+ dollars they were charging for a basic room on a Thursday night. Just a heads up there is nothing but a TGI's open after 10 in the area if your looking to eat.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Mike F, General Manager at Courtyard New Haven Orange/Milford, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear Robert B,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard New Haven Orange/Milford and thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards customer.

Your loyalty to Marriott brands is very much appreciated. You must have been staying at other Marriott brand hotels and are unfamiliar with Marriott’s Courtyard brand. All Courtyard by Marriott hotels have the Bistro in our lobbies offering pay as you go breakfast and featuring Starbuck's coffee. I hope your breakfast gave you a great start for the remainder of your trip to the Jersey shore.

We look forward to serving you again if your travels bring you through the Orange area.