“Very good meal”

Shing Jet Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in Oxford
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I came here for an early dinner on my commute.

I ordered the steamed shrimp with veggies ($11).

I decided to eat in as they have plenty of booths. Only it was a hot day and the room was not air conditioned.

It was ready in 5 minutes and was a very good meal that was filling.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

My wife and I have been customers of ShingJet for the last 3 years. The food is always good and the prices are reasonable. There is a small eating area within the restaurant, but we prefer to get our food to go because we live close by. When we call in,there is rarely a wait longer than 15 minutes before the food is ready. I have experienced serious problems with other Chinese restaurants in the area, which landed me in this particular one that we trust the quality of food and service.

1  Thank ramjetR1
Reviewed 4 October 2016

An Oxford staple. Always fast service and more than fair pricing. The usual menu as in others but consistant in quality.

1  Thank _jayg48anglia
Reviewed 19 August 2016

OK been going there for a few years , Lately ? I think the Food is Tired , not as it was ? Their Dinners are large portions , The Fried Rice ?? I think its steamed and lightly fried (no Oil ) I like my rice to show oil ,and it's gummy and sticks , egg roll ? again hardly any oil to it , taste is no greatness , they do have nice big sweet noodles for the soup , But it lays in a open box ,and no A/C so they go bad fast to a sour humid taste ,Place could use some updating , and cleaner !, oh well !

Reviewed 16 August 2016

Shing Jet is very consistent and always good. Prices have gone up a bit but still a good value for your money.