Captain Josiah Cowles Place
Doubletree.com
Quality Inn(Waterbury)
US$90
US$76
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 October 2014

This was our first time staying at a B&B and we were glad to have found Captain Josiah Coles Place. We stayed in the Captain's room which was very clean, spacious and nicely decorated. Additionally, the queen sized bed was super soft as we had no trouble falling asleep. Dave's chocolate cake was amazing and hit the spot after a day of wine tasting. The next morning, breakfast was hot and delcious with pancakes, fruit salad, muffins and coffee. Many thanks to both Mary and Dave for being incredibly welcoming and accomdinating. We plan to be back!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren H
Reviewed 14 October 2014

If you like soft and cozy, this is your stop. Rooms were large and clean. Beds were extremely soft, not your standard, I swear this was stuffed by hand. Soft drinks and water in the fridge downstairs, coffee maker set up for use at anytime. Breakfast was amazing. You start off with fresh, sweet fruit & yogurt was on ice if you wished to have some. Homemade pancakes from scratch and sausage, as much as you wanted. Chocolate cake set out for an evening snack, what else could you want. The owners were great, they were gracious and friendly. Thank you Mary and Dave for a Wonderful Stay.

Room Tip: Captains room has the bathroom attached, soft sheet and warm bedding.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2014

On the Captain Josiah Coles Place in Southington, CT

My visits to Connecticut are especially enjoyable ever since I found the Captain Josiah Coles Place, a beautifully maintained 270+ year old B&B home in Plantsville, a part of Southington, CT. Dave and Mary Potter, the gracious proprietors, are welcoming and interesting conversationalists. I made two round trips from California in less than a month. I am inclined to travel to Connecticut for no other reason than to enjoy this marvelous old house and their company!

Bob Furber

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My first time staying at a B&B . I stayed in the Captains room, which was very warm and cozy. The softest sheets ever!! Mary and Dave were very kind and welcoming. Great first time experience. The home is beautiful inside and out. I would highly recommend to anyone. Looking forward to the next visit. Wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My daughter and I were touched by the kindness and sincerity of Mary and David. It felt like we were visiting friends of friends. The beds were incredibly comfortable, and we felt very much at home, which was especially nice as we were on the last day of a week-long college tour. They recommended the perfect restaurant for fresh seafood - the last for us before heading home to the heartland. They were eager to please, and knowing that I was gluten-sensitive, made gluten-free pancakes topped with David's own maple syrup (David taps his maple trees and boils the sap down to syrup himself).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family