“Nice Indian Cuisine tucked into a roadside motel plaza”
Review of Thali - CLOSED

Thali
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It has 4 other restaurants in the chain - becoming quite popular
Reviewed 7 November 2015

First off, I believe that Thali has a new permittee, but that is not a negative comment in any way.
The chef and staff, who I also believe are new, have a wonderful take on the cuisine. They are preparing dishes that are recognizable to non-Indian patrons, but not using a "this is just another Indian restaurant" approach to preparation and presentation. For example:
The Jaipori Chicken Kabab appetizer came in bite sized cubes, each individually spiced then served on a plate, so there was no fighting with a skewer. They were spiced with a delightful, biting hotness that had an initial burn but did not linger, so your taste buds were not muted for following dishes. The Samosas were lightly, but tastefully spiced and a good pairing against the hotter Jaipori Kababs.
The Angare Duck in a Cabernet Masala sauce was wonderful and prepared in a manner we had never seen before. We also had two other chicken dishes; a Tikka and Kori Gassi, both tasty.
The Bhindi Masala and Alu Gobhi, both traditional vegetarian dishes, were some of the best we have eaten, obviously prepared by someone who understands the nuances of the vegetarian cuisine.
Their Naan is served dry (many places serve Naan slathered in Ghee (butter)). This dry Naan is not only tastier, but ideal for getting into the sauces and curries.
There is a Sunday brunch for those interested.

Reviewed 12 August 2015

We had been to the Thali in New Cannan several times and loved the food. We were surprised that this version was in a low rent motel. The décor does not compare with the New Cannan location but the food was just as good. Delicious. Portions a little small, prices mid range to high. But the food will have me coming back. Basic Indian dishes made well.

Reviewed 4 June 2015 via mobile

Thali in Ridgefield is a treasure. Located on Route 7 inbetween Danbury and Wilton in a little motel plaza in Ridgefield, it is an unassuming but clean and comfortable restaurant that features some of the best Indian food I've ever had.
My wife and I like to go in Winter and sit by their fireplace. The staff couldn't be more gracious, and we have never had a mediocre dish. Only excellent, imaginative and delicious ones!
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 May 2015

I like food at thali restaurant enjoyed it and if it was maxican restaurant I would have enjoyed more

Reviewed 26 March 2015

If you're in the Ridgefield, Redding or Wilton area and like Indian food, you must go here. Reasonable prices and the food is excellent. Very friendly and attentive staff. Highly recommended.