“Good Indian Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It has 4 other restaurants in the chain - becoming quite popular
Reviewed 3 May 2016

When you live in a rural area, finding any kind of ethnic food can be a challenge. But Thali is a pretty good Indian restaurant, especially for this neck of the woods. Nice variety, varrying degrees of 'hotness' and some not often seen specialties makes this a good pick for your Indian food quotient. It's tucked into a Days Inn motel which doesn't augur well, but it's a surprise. Not cheap but pretty darn good.

1  Thank JShereshewsky

Reviewed 28 March 2016

We visited Thali on a non-buffet day. There was no one else in the restaurant. We love Indian food but our usual place is a much longer trip. Thali food is quite good but I'd love to see combination plates or prix fix dinners/meals. For the quality of food, our bill for two people was quite high. I'll stick to buffets.

Reviewed 11 March 2016

Thali is the place that my family usually goes to celebrate birthdays, and we've been going there for years. They have amazing food and service and have yet to disappoint. Thali is easily my favorite restaurant in Ridgefield.

Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

We stared going to Thali when we lived in New Canaan and we were thrilled to know we had one in Ridgefield when we moved here a few years ago. They've been a staple ever since! The best Indian food around and extremely consistent.

Reviewed 30 November 2015

We have eaten here many times but not in recent past. This visit was a wonderful surprise. The staff was very attentive without being over-bearing. The food was outstanding. We started with the cauliflower appetizer. The serving size was perfect for the two of us. The cauliflower was al dente and the sauce was tangy and sweet. I loved it For entrees, they made Rogan Josh for my husband even though it was not on the menu. He thoroughly enjoyed it. I had Dal Makhani (which is called something different the menu) It is one of my favorite dishes and this time I was not disappointed. We had both onion kulcha and a plain nan. Like a previous reviewer, I loved that the naan was not buttered. The onion kulcha was delicious, filled with lots of onion. Don't be put off that the restaurant is located at a Days Inn. The location is on Rt. 7 Between Wilton and Ridgefield, but not far from Danbury.