“Happy Hour extremely busy, no wine specials”

On the Border Mexican Cafe
Ranked #2 of 70 Restaurants in Rocky Hill
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I met some friends here for happy hour after work recently. There are happy hour drink and food specials at the bar or patio only.

The food menu is somewhat limited in choices but the prices are great and the food was tasty. I ordered 3 mini chicken tacos and they were really good. I liked that they held together till the last bite without falling apart. The 3 tacos were only $3!

I was originally planning to order a glass of wine but the happy hour specials only included beer or margaritas. The large beer was only $3 so I decided to get beer which was cold and they had many to chose from. I was surprised there was no wine specials for happy hour.

We had to wait a bit at the bar to flag down the bartender, not sure if it was just the night we went but they seemed to be a little short staffed for how busy the happy hour bar was.

Overall its a fun place for happy hour, good food at bargain prices. The parking lot is quite large and I had no problem finding a spot to park.

I did not eat an entire dinner meal here so this review is of the happy hour only. I definitely will come back again for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Yes it is a chain, but stopping here was a good choice on our part. The menu had all the favorites and then some. The service was good and the prices fair. But most of all, the food was just what we were hoping for.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Pros: Food comes fast, wait staff is so nice (yeah you Chelsea and Abel!), lively atmosphere, the fajitas are always sizzlin', the salsa is hot (if you dig that), you can order the chips without salt and the prices haven't gone up in forever.

Cons: They're skimpy with the fajita toppings. If you ask for more they charge you extra.

Been going here for over 15 years and I've never had a bad experience.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We were staying next door at Hampton Inn and just walked over. They sat us quickly, brought salsa and chips right away. We enjoyed our lunch specials, the service, and the ambiance.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

we had a delicious mail here yesterday. it was really good. the service was excellent. if you want really good Mexican food, this is the place to go.