“Awful”

Sushi and Wok
Ranked #28 of 52 Restaurants in Seymour
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 29 July 2015

Ordered egg rolls, fried shrimp & chicken lo mein..Eggs rolls were tasteless, Hard to find any Chicken in the Lo Mein. When we went back in, the girl at the desk told me they didn't have the shrimp but substituted another fried shrimp, which according to her was 50 cents more (we had already paid for our dinner) and kept telling up it was 50 cents more, like she was doing us a favor.. The shrimp was horrible, by the way, not cooked all the way.. doughy and mushy inside.. I would not trust them to make Sushi if this was as good as they could do...

Reviewed 29 April 2015

I had shrimp with garlic sauce. Could have used a few more shrimp. The sauce was strong. I enjoyed the boneless ribs though!

Reviewed 15 September 2014

In new mini shopping center off 67 , A Fresh Taste to standard Menu , fresh , crisp , hearty portions ,friendly staff , clean , sushi bar ,master sushi man , day or night it's right , eat in take out !
I've been there weekly , and have told my friends , they go too ...Lunch specials , sushi specials , full dinner menu
A nice addition to Seymour CT ---Enjoy !!

1  Thank Tom P
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This restaurant has recently opened in the area. We've been here twice now. The first time for sushi and Chinese, the second time sashimi and Chinese. Happy with the food both times. Service is excellent, the front of the restaurant was very clean and nicely decorated. The sushi/sashimi counter is separate from the cooking area. He puts on a good show. Few small tables. Mostly take out. They have some different Chinese items that aren't on our usual places menu. I ordered the house special chop suey. Great vegetables, but the meats and seafood were on the blander side. Needed to "jazz" it up at home with soy and sarachi. The sashimi was beautiful! And very good. Probably won't replace our regular Chinese restaurant, but when we are in the mood for sushi/sashimi or something not on our regulars menu, this is where we'll be. Try it for yourself!

1  Thank B D
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Sushi was great, fresh and 3 rolls for about $10. Other food was a bit sweet for my taste - especially the egg rolls. I hope they fix this. Although there is sit down, this is mostly takeout. Pretty much my local goto place fro sushi now.