All reviews pool table omelet front desk underground parking hot tub king suite free breakfast full kitchen great place to stay beds were very comfortable bagels would stay again new haven nice stay very nice hotel business travel home away from home
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 November 2020

The Hyatt is such a comfortable place to stay. Great staff and accommodations. Safety first. Individually wrapped breakfast items that can be brought back to your room. Efficient and helpful staff with great personalities!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Joseph Jurek, Guest Services / Front Office at HYATT House Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2020

Hello!
Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our hospitality.. We are also happy that our staff was able to make your stay comfortable with their friendly nature and great personalities. They love to hear that their service is appreciated by our guests. Next time you are in the area, please come see again, we would love to host you and your loved ones.

Reviewed 18 November 2020

Very good hotel to spend time with your loved ones. With the covid crisis I appreciate their awareness on social distance. I only recommend a broader selection on breakfast. Like bagels or sandwiches. The muffins and 1 hard boil egg not going to satisfy a adult! Lol! .But overall the Hyatt is a great place to relax.

Hello!
Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take safety and welfare of our guests very seriously, so I am happy that your appreciated our Covid response. All our staff wear masks and practice social distancing to keep themselves and all our guests safe. I agree with your feedback, so we have started offering Bagels and French Toast on certain days to break up the same old, same old. We would love to host you again, so please come see us again soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2020

Hyatt therefore got what you can expect, very professional staff, everything in good conditions, nice room. Would stay again and recommend it. The location is conveniently located shops and Rest. near.

Hello!
Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and took the time to let us know about your accommodations. Many guests that stay with us agree with you, they all love our location and our friendly staff. We pride ourselves in making sure all guests that stay with us feel welcomed and have an enjoyable stay with us. Next time you are in the area, please come see again.

Reviewed 9 November 2020

I was an extended stay guess for 13 weeks. And they offered me an essential rate, which was excellent, and the dog fee was a one-time fee for my stay, a PLUS. BUT I have a few things to say

Housekeeping: AWESOME service, especially during the COVID craziness. I would need a light cleaning every week, and they always came through and did a fabulous job. I feel that they are not recognized for their hard work!

Front Desk: NEEDS AN OVERHAUL. There seems to be a lack of communication between staff. There was an issue where my cc was debited twice for the wrong amount. Although it was fixed, it could've been avoided. The front desk needs an assistant manager that can manage and communicate with ALL staff efficiently. If they fix this, I would be five stars.

Maintenance: GREAT group of guys, fix the things that I needed to be resolved swiftly.

Overall: The suites for the extended stay are comfortable—an excellent place for an extended stay with animals, rooms, and bed comfortable.

Date of stay: August 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello!
Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our hospitality. We are also happy that our housekeeping and engineering staff was able to make your stay comfortable with their fabulous and prompt service. They love to hear that their service, especially during COVID craziness, is appreciated by our guests. I am so sorry about the error with your credit card and about the lapse in communication with the front desk team. We will use your feedback as a coaching tool and get your concerns addressed and corrected for all our future guests. Again, thank you very much for your kind words, they will be shared with the entire team.

Reviewed 4 November 2020

Let me just say their prices are dirt cheap. In the best way ! You get there and for a price like $118 you expect nothing but the worse but I was floored once I stepped in the hotel and saw how outstanding it is. Great service, great rooms, did I forget to mention all the amenities they have it’s really crazy.

Hello!
Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully, you got a chance to enjoy our spacious indoor pool. We are also happy that our staff was able to make your stay comfortable with their great personalities. We take pride in being competitively priced and offer over the top service. Next time you are in the area, please come see again.