“This is The Hotel To Choose in Stamford”

Sheraton Stamford Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed 17 June 2017

I am in a somewhat unique situation to write this review. We recently purchased a new home in the area, but remodeling work unexpectedly forced us out of our home. We had a few different options, but we ultimately decided to stay in the Sheraton Stamford for several weeks. (Spoiler Alert: it was the right choice) As a result, we have gotten to know the facilities and staff extremely well.

When you walk in the lobby, you instantly see how enormous and open it is. The lobby is essentially an atrium with extremely high ceilings AND there are a ton of couches and tables with plugs around. Thus, it’s an excellent atmosphere to hang out or get some work done. Throughout the week, there are always Weddings or Christenings, so it’s always an upbeat vibe (without feeling overcrowded).

The rooms are spacious/nice and the housekeeping staff does a great job keeping things clean. When you stay in any hotel, there are always occasions when you get a housekeeping knock on the door when you are sleeping in, but the staff is always extremely respectful. When they realize you are still in the room, they won’t bother you again for the rest of the morning.

I must say my FAVORITE part of this place is the staff. I’ve been to countless hotels for business and personal reasons, and I would say it’s hard to come by a more down-to-earth group of people. Since day one, they have been extremely hospitable and we have gotten to know so many of them on a first name basis. Over the last few weeks, I’ve spent more than a few nights having some midnight beers at the bar and our family has eaten dinner there many times. On both occasions, the staff is 2nd to none. Mauricio, Daniel and Roxy immediately make you feel welcome and do a great job keeping things light whiles providing excellent service and conversation. The entire front desk staff is great and I don’t think I’ve ever seen any of them have an “off” day. The women at the front desk (Keneisha, Siarah, Jamila and Maria) have been soo nice to our kids. I kid you not… our 4 year old asks about them all the time and runs to give them all hugs every day that he comes home from school. The women even surprised my 4 year old with a cake waiting in the room on his birthday! The guys at the front desk, Quincy, Joe and Bubba, have also been 1st class. Jimmy working at the Link Café has also become a favorite of the family and the kids – a really nice guy. I know I’ve forgotten some folks, or I just don’t know their names (especially the folks in the morning since I’m running out for work), but EVERYONE on the staff has been great. I honestly can say that every experience pertaining to the staff has been positive. We have even met the GM of the entire hotel, Tom C, and he is always pro-actively making sure we are having a great experience.

If you are looking for a hotel in Stamford, I think the Stamford Sheraton is a no-brainer. Spacious and lively, great food and location and the BEST staff.

Pro-Tip – Every Wednesday they hold a happy hour with free food (each week is a different theme) from 5:30pm to 7:00pm. The managers are also walking around giving out drink tickets for the guests during that time. Really nice touch.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Elaine C, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so pleased that we were able to accommodate you during the transition to your new house. We have shared your comments with the team who were thrilled that they were able to exceed your expectations! We hope your new home is all that you have dreamed and look forward to having you stop by for visits in the future. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I had a meeting with the Sheraton Stamford with a representative Alison Scaggs to inquire about their ballroom for a future event in which she was so excited and professional to set up the next step meeting with the Manager Chris Frazza. I can say these team mates were not only diligent, professional but went above and beyond to inform me all details and assure me the professionalism and beauty they provide every event. The vision that I have in mind they were ready to execute. The industry needs more team players like them but more importantly provide hospitality to everyone even if they are not a guest in their establishment. I can't wait to book. Also Ms. Maria Singh at the front desk was above amazing she made me feel VIP as I waited in the lobby with refreshments and comfort. Highly suggest this hotel and these 3 professionals!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, and recognizing our wonderful team. We have congratulated them for their efforts on your behalf. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

My company had a conference at Sheraton Stamford and I must say I was very impressed with their service.
The staff was magnificent. They attended to our every need. Food service was wonderful.
If you ever need to book a conference call on the Sheraton.
Twanna Copeland (Convention Service Manager)and the rest of the staff Elaine/Chris/Rosanne and many other were a delight to work with.
We would definitely do it again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased your meeting was a success! We have recognized those named for their wonderful efforts on your behalf. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

What a great hotel and an even better staff! When we checked in, a lady named Amanda helped us out. She is wonderful and so, so sweet! We mentioned we were there on our 10th anniversary trip. She gave us complimentary drinks at the bar that evening, as well as b re akfast the next morning. She helped us with parking our car and even offered us a later check out. The room was large king, with city views. The bed was super comfy, pillows huge. The bathroom was large and spacious. We would definitely stay here again. The only downside was the pool was out of order, however they offered to shuttle any guest to the local Marriott if the guests wished to use the pool

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and have recognized Amanda for her efforts! We look forward to welcoming you on your next anniversary!

Reviewed 12 June 2017

It's a great feeling when welcomed by the familiar smiling faces of and receiving good services by the hotel staff who are genuinely warm, pleasant and helpful. This is the second time I was using this excellent hotel for an extended stay when visiting family. As expected, I have spent a wonderful time as I did last time, I would like to express my gratitude again to all who have made my stay happy and memorable - TC, the GM, Tony the front desk manager, also at the front desk - Amanda, Kanisha, Maria, Sarah, David, Sebastian, Cole and the young Jamaican lady with lovely smails, whom I missed asking for her name:); Food Service Department - Ken, Mauricio, Diane, Carol, Xavier, David, Kimberly, Daniel and Roxanne; Concierge - Wesley, Ahmet, Driis and the rest whom I don't know their names; Housekeeping - Tony; the people in Engineering Department and the cleaning staff. Wish you all a great summer, with best regards from Beijing!

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are quieter.