“Excellent for Business Travel”

Sheraton Stamford Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Great hotel with a great location. I travel quite often for work so a clean room with great service is really all I ask. I typically stay at Marriotts as I am loyal to the brand but was very disappointed with the Stamford Marriott. Now that my rewards points and status are transferable, staying at the Sheraton Stamford was a no brainer! Their Business Travel Manager Roseann is fantastic and always available to assist with any special requests. Their entire staff is always efficient and friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Elaine C, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation! We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Rooms are older, but clean. Restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A bit pricey for breakfast, but good buffet. Lunch was delicious and our server was also very welcoming and friendly. Jamila Fraser was the hostess who welcomed us to the hotel with a beautiful smile and excellent service. She went above and beyond to give us tips for the area and to make us comfortable for our stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that our team was courteous and friendly. We have recognized Jamila for her efforts, and look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

I was at Sheraton Stamford for a chess event. A engineer Brian was helpful in answering questions about the surrounding Stamford area. We were not familiar with our way around and made everything easier
Thanks for a great experience
Doreen Otsuka

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that Brian was able to assist you! We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 17 June 2017

I am in a somewhat unique situation to write this review. We recently purchased a new home in the area, but remodeling work unexpectedly forced us out of our home. We had a few different options, but we ultimately decided to stay in the Sheraton Stamford for several weeks. (Spoiler Alert: it was the right choice) As a result, we have gotten to know the facilities and staff extremely well.

When you walk in the lobby, you instantly see how enormous and open it is. The lobby is essentially an atrium with extremely high ceilings AND there are a ton of couches and tables with plugs around. Thus, it’s an excellent atmosphere to hang out or get some work done. Throughout the week, there are always Weddings or Christenings, so it’s always an upbeat vibe (without feeling overcrowded).

The rooms are spacious/nice and the housekeeping staff does a great job keeping things clean. When you stay in any hotel, there are always occasions when you get a housekeeping knock on the door when you are sleeping in, but the staff is always extremely respectful. When they realize you are still in the room, they won’t bother you again for the rest of the morning.

I must say my FAVORITE part of this place is the staff. I’ve been to countless hotels for business and personal reasons, and I would say it’s hard to come by a more down-to-earth group of people. Since day one, they have been extremely hospitable and we have gotten to know so many of them on a first name basis. Over the last few weeks, I’ve spent more than a few nights having some midnight beers at the bar and our family has eaten dinner there many times. On both occasions, the staff is 2nd to none. Mauricio, Daniel and Roxy immediately make you feel welcome and do a great job keeping things light whiles providing excellent service and conversation. The entire front desk staff is great and I don’t think I’ve ever seen any of them have an “off” day. The women at the front desk (Keneisha, Siarah, Jamila and Maria) have been soo nice to our kids. I kid you not… our 4 year old asks about them all the time and runs to give them all hugs every day that he comes home from school. The women even surprised my 4 year old with a cake waiting in the room on his birthday! The guys at the front desk, Quincy, Joe and Bubba, have also been 1st class. Jimmy working at the Link Café has also become a favorite of the family and the kids – a really nice guy. I know I’ve forgotten some folks, or I just don’t know their names (especially the folks in the morning since I’m running out for work), but EVERYONE on the staff has been great. I honestly can say that every experience pertaining to the staff has been positive. We have even met the GM of the entire hotel, Tom C, and he is always pro-actively making sure we are having a great experience.

If you are looking for a hotel in Stamford, I think the Stamford Sheraton is a no-brainer. Spacious and lively, great food and location and the BEST staff.

Pro-Tip – Every Wednesday they hold a happy hour with free food (each week is a different theme) from 5:30pm to 7:00pm. The managers are also walking around giving out drink tickets for the guests during that time. Really nice touch.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so pleased that we were able to accommodate you during the transition to your new house. We have shared your comments with the team who were thrilled that they were able to exceed your expectations! We hope your new home is all that you have dreamed and look forward to having you stop by for visits in the future. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I had a meeting with the Sheraton Stamford with a representative Alison Scaggs to inquire about their ballroom for a future event in which she was so excited and professional to set up the next step meeting with the Manager Chris Frazza. I can say these team mates were not only diligent, professional but went above and beyond to inform me all details and assure me the professionalism and beauty they provide every event. The vision that I have in mind they were ready to execute. The industry needs more team players like them but more importantly provide hospitality to everyone even if they are not a guest in their establishment. I can't wait to book. Also Ms. Maria Singh at the front desk was above amazing she made me feel VIP as I waited in the lobby with refreshments and comfort. Highly suggest this hotel and these 3 professionals!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, and recognizing our wonderful team. We have congratulated them for their efforts on your behalf. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
0.5 km away
3.1 km away
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich

Been to Sheraton Stamford Hotel? Share your experiences!