“Good quality food and efficient and quick service”
Review of Dog Lane Cafe

Dog Lane Cafe
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Storrs
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Dog Lane Cafe is Northeastern Connecticut's newest European/American cafe, offering something for everyone from early morning to late at night. Our menu and our daily specials emphasize seasonal, local and freshly-prepared food, all made to order. Sample from our wide variety of sandwiches, grilled items and freshly tossed salads or help yourself to coffee at our self-service coffee bar - where you get to make it the way you like it. Relax in our comfortable dining room or during warm months enjoy outdoor dining on the patios on both Storrs Road and Dog Lane. Whether you are in hurry or want to take some time and relax with friends, our style of service lets you set your own pace.
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We like to go to Dog Lane Cafe before Connecticut Repertory Theater shows. Food is good quality and comes quickly.

I wish they had fries instead of chips with the sandwiches.

Check out the specials - they are creative and tasty

Reviewed 9 July 2018

If I order a hamburger at these prices, I expect a better burger and something better than a bag of chips as the side. Sure, you can dine outside, , but, sadly, there are better options in Storrs. I would recommend the Kathmandu place around the corner or a custom pizza from Blaze. If you really want a good burger, go to Artisanal Burger in Manchester. If want a good beer, go to the Willimantic Brewery at the old post office in Willimantic.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I liked the pastrami rueben sandwich that included mustard, melted cheese and sauerkraut along with a dill pickle and a bag of chips. I was there on a warm Spring day and ate outdoors, where they brought me my order, at one of their tables with chairs. Made for an enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I frequent Dog Lane Cafe. Service is very good and the food has never let me down. Our most recent visit was no exception. I would like to thank the staff for going above and beyond during our latest visit. My wife broke her ankle and is using a wheel chair. During peak lunch rush, the staff held a table for us in spite of some very aggressive competition for seating. This experience help lift my wife’s spirits during her recovery and cabin fever. The food was excellent as we’ve learned to expect here. Keep up the above average work. It’s refreshing to have a quality establishment to go to. It seems most restaurants are satisfied with mediocrity, and patrons have been conditioned to keep a low bar when eating out. Dog Lane is a fine example of one place breaking out of the mediocre model that is too prevalent.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

The Dog Lane Cafe is amazing little cafe! The food is wonderful and fresh with the menu updaed daily for specials. The atmosphere charming with seating outside and the service great. Orders are taken at the counter yet the food is delivered to your table! It is a perfect place for a great meal before a UConn game or show over at the Jorgensen. We love the Dog Lane!