US$97
US$119
US$94
Trip.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

Oakdell Motel(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$75
SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$124
US$112
Agoda.com
3,282 results
All reviewssky towerwolf densummer shackseasons buffetthames rivergreat casinojohnny rocketsnon smokingatlantic cityhotel and casinoslot machinesget awaytable gamesvalet parkingcasino floormid weekgreat room
Reviewed 26 October 2012

What I love the most at Mohegan is not the gamble, because I don't like gamble, but I love the service and the view from the windows room. The rooms have big windows and the view is just amazing. Specialy if you are above the 20th floor.
The service is always perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river and the higher floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This was my Fiancee's 3rd stay @ MS, MY 1st. She has a club card, I don't. We got an offer for a great rate, so we adjusted our schedules and arrived here.

We arrived 2 hours early, so we were given an option to either take a lower floor room, or wait awhile and let them page us when a higher floor that we requested, was available, we opted to wait and carried a tiny old fashioned pager for about 45 min.

When we 1st checked in, our desk clerk guy told us he's put in our request to have a mic/frig put in our room, when we finally did the check in 45 min later, the guy helping us told us that our initial request for frig/mic was never entered. So, up we go to our room, and wait about 10 or so min for our luggage to arrive, and then another 10 min for the mic/frig to arrive. The frig was dirty as hell, so I asked the delivery guy to clean it up in side, which he gladly did, but he left the outside top very messy.

My biggest problems with the room, the room climate control and the toilet/ventilation system. The climate control, it would either only get too cold for my Fiancee, or too warm for me, as for the toilet, every time you flush, it sounds like the Space Shuttle taking off, VERY loud, but it works.

1 nice feature of the rooms at the entry door, NO sign to hang on the doorknob for maid service or do not distturb. At MS, all the doors have a unique electronic setup where you simply press a button on the inside of the room to ward off housekeeping, or let them know to come and refresh everything, and on the outside of the door, there's a DOORBELL! When the guys came with our luggage and mic/frig, we heard a beautiful low pitched musical sound and it was the room doorbell, I loved it.

Our 2 Q beds were both great, the shower was ok too, and another thing about the toilets, they're in a separate room off the rest of the bathroom, to the left as you walk into the bathroom, and it has it's own door that also does lock and a house phone on the wall next to it. A nice touch.

I agree with some of the other reviews here about the check in staff, the 1st guy we had turned out to be a real azz, his 1st name had a Z in the middle of it.

We had a late lunch and breakfast @ ToddEnglish's Tusacany. Food is very good there, and we ate in the outter area which was fun and more comfy. We also had a late dinner plate at a chinese eatery called Wok-On, great food.

We did some 1 armed bandits in a few areas, walked around some stores. Word of warning, wear some VERY supportive footwear as the floors in the casino/retail mall are VERY hard on the feet.

We saw an INCREDIBLE picture that was done on a HUGE canvis by 1 of the escalators, of a Native Man and Woman, who were part of the tree they were each standing by. The essence of The Native is expressed very uniquely everywhere at MS.

The view out of our 25th floor was great, overlooking the river, not a pond as 1 other reviewer here stated. In fact, this morning before we left to come home, I caught sight of a frieght train traveling the tracks across the river, really neat.

Also, from our room, we could see Foxwoods/MGM Grand. 1 other problem I had in the room, was the TV programming, it only shows the channel designations, NO guide showing what show was on at any given time. Pretty annoying.

If you go, be prepared to do a lot of tipping.

Also, if you go to Maine, there's a new casino that just opened there in Oxford last June. It's a small operation, nothing compared to MS/Foxwoods, and it has no hotel or retail, just gambling and small restaurant.

1  Thank BrenAndBob S
Reviewed 23 October 2012

My boyfriend and I spent one night here mid-week to take advantage of the table games (mainly craps) and the spa. We booked a room with a king bed on the same day that we were going to stay. When we arrived, we were given the choice between a room with a queen-size bed or the only room left with a king-size bed, which was a handicap-accessible room (see "room" section below). We were told that rooms are all assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis, even if you specifically book a room with a king bed. Other than that minor snafu, check-in was pretty efficient, though rather impersonal. The front desk representative kindly extended check out for us until 1pm, after we mentioned that we had spa appointments in the morning.

Guest Room: The ADA-compliant room was on the 10th floor. What we didn't know when we chose this room was that the shower head is very low, so if you're over 6 ft. tall, you probably won't fit under the head. Otherwise, the room was quite spacious and had a beautiful view of the lake and fall foliage. The bed was unbelievably comfortable.

Elemis Spa: I had expected the spa to be on par with a Las Vegas spa (note: the spa is a chain and is not affiliated with the hotel). I arrived early to take advantage of the spa extras and was sorely disappointed by the facilities. The steam room is so small (there's only a foot of space between the door and the seats) and had an odd scent. There's also a sauna and jacuzzi. I hung out in the relaxation room, which had plush couches but lacked the quality of snacks (beverages, salty snacks, etc.) that I have experience at other spas. Also, the relaxation room is not relaxing when groups of women talk the entire time they're in the room (and not in whispers)! I got a 50-minute deep tissue massage and got it from the Lead Massage Therapist, Lisa. Lisa asked me if I had specific places that I wanted her to focus on, but I can't say that she spent any additional time on those areas than she normally would have. Overall, the massage was decent but was not the best I've ever had.

Casino: The casino was great because the table minimums were low (mid-week). People can smoke in the casino, but it's not too much of an issue because the air filtration system is pretty good. Dealers are pretty friendly and helpful for novice gamblers.

Mohegan Sun Restaurants: We ate at Frank Pepe's New Haven pizza on the night that we arrived and at Todd English's Tuscany for lunch. Frank Pepe's pizza is awesome; I highly recommend the white clam (an unusual topping but delicious). We also had a pie with peppers and onions, which was good but not overly memorable. This outpost of Frank Pepe's is a good alternative, if you can't make it to the original New Haven location. We Todd English's Tuscany for lunch and had the Tuscan table, which is the lunch buffet (approximately $23 per person). The food was okay, nothing amazing. I probably wouldn't recommend it, unless you're looking for variety.

1  Thank beebechica
Reviewed 21 October 2012

This place is nice enough for the visiting gambler, lots of happy colors and bright lighting, but look beyond and there's a very sorry sight. I have to preface these comments by saying that if you're coming to gamble, things may very well be A-OK...but if you're spending the night, please listen up.........

On floor 29, there was a seriously bad odor in the hallways; about enough to make you lose your appetite and want to run for fresh air, you know the feeling :) There must be a serious ventilation issue that's not being addressed here by management. I was given a corner room, (didn't ask for it) that was seriously shopworn. I'm thinking many, many people are requesting corner rooms on a high floor, so sadly, they are showing major decline. The carpeting was ash colored to conceal the dirt, the supposed 'white' bedding was a dark grey and the sheets looked like old rags that you would use on your car. The towels were grey also and reminded me of towels from a service I had in college in 1971, kind of like shop towels with an ounce more pile. I know this isn't a five star resort, but some attention to old/outdated/worn items would have been nice. The queen bed's mattress was very poor with lumps and bumps and the pillows smelled of strong perspiration. The three days spent at Mohegan Sun were miserable, I will never be returning, and I caution you to rethink your trip if you have intentions of spending the night here.

Room Tip: I hope you have better luck than I did, please avoid the 29th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Debbie A
MoheganSunCT, Dave J. - Social Media Specialist at Mohegan Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and would encourage you to give our Guest Relations team a call at 866.707.3317 so we can further discuss your stay. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

My wife and I headed down to Mohegan for a 1 night stay on a more than decent rate of $199 with our players card for a Friday.
We arrived at 7pm to find a long, long line at the hotel valet. After waiting nearly 30 minutes we decided to park elsewhere. This was a mistake for multiple reasons. We ended up parking in another garage and lugged our luggage all the way through the main casino and shopping area to check in.
The line for check in was ridiculous. This was my 6th stay here, and I've never seen it so long. In the end, we didn't get into our room until 9:15pm. Our room was as requested, but the bathtub was filthy and the floor filthy as well. We decided it wasn't worth making a room change since we just waited nearly 1.5 hours to check in.

We headed to the casino and as usual it was fantastic. The service at the bars, restaurants was great as always. No complaints here.

In the morning I woke at 8am to find there was no hot water. We waited till nearly 9:30am to shower in lukewarm water. At check-out the line was again extremely long, and I waited 45 minutes to check out. They have an express check out option, but since I paid cash I had to check out manually in order to secure my deposit. Afterwards, we decided we would stay for lunch and gamble a bit more. Since our car was in the woods practically, we asked the bellman to hold our bags. Their response? "We're too busy to handle that at the moment". Thanks. We ended up bringing our luggage back to the car ourselves then heading back to the casino. We ate, gambled a bit more and left.

I emailed customer service about my stay, and got a reply the Hotel manager would contact me shortly. Well after 4 days of no response I do not expect them to contact me. I'm surprised their customer service was so poor in response. I'm sure I'm not the only one whom complained of the long lines and inability to use the Hotel Valet this night. I'm more shocked no effort was taken to keep me as a customer.

2  Thank SP103