“Amazing sushi!!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Yume Hibachi & Sushi
Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

People had been telling me about this place for a while. My friend I went on a Thursday around 6:30 and it was packed. We waited a few minutes and were seated. It took a while for the waiter to come over but he finally did. I didn't adjust my rating based on the service because the sushi was so good and so affordable! We got the shrimp tempura appetizer which came with various other tempura veggies. Not great. I ordered a spicy tuna roll and a kamikaze roll. Both were incredible and fresh. You know what they say about a packed restaurant. I will definitely be returning!

Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

This is the 4th time here. Can't beat the sushi specials. Just be ready to beg your server to serve you. I have never been anywhere that the service is this bad. I think they know your just here for the discount sushi so they blow you off. Gritting my teeth and putting waving at my server now.

1  Thank shakinthembones
Reviewed 19 October 2015

Yume is our go-to place for sushi and good times. Peter is usually behind the bar and always makes an excellent host. The sushi is fresh and prepared quickly with a number of specialty rolls and dishes. Pricing is reasonable and we are never disappointed with our visits unless the bar area is too packed. We've tried the hibachi there before and that was nothing special, adequate service an food. The bar area and sushi is definitely the best part.

Reviewed 22 September 2015

I was there twice in the past and sashimi was mediocre, but I was nearby, had a coupon, and wanted sushi, so I figured I'd give them another try. Never again. All the red snapper in my sashimi dinner had gone bad--so bad that it tasted like mold and I had to spit it out. I have been eating sushi and sashimi for more than 20 years, and this has never happened.

My ordering experience was very unprofessional. I went to order take out and a young inexperienced person at the cash register didn't know how to enter my order. I asked for ponzu sauce instead of soy sauce and some lemon slices. She didn't know what ponzu sauce was and had to get someone else to help her. The lemon totally mixed her up. (Ponzu sauce is a very common item in a sushi place.) I had a 20% coupon in my phone, but I had to search for it. After, I said that the $4.40 off was worth the effort to find it. She didn't understand that 20% off $22 is $4.40 and went back in the order to check and seemed quite perplexed. They should train their staff.

Portions are also very small. $21 for 12 tiny slices fish was a bad value. Not only was it a bad value, but I had to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to fill up. Even if the red snapper wasn't bad and I had 3 more pieces, it still wouldn't have been enough. The salmon and tuna were ok, but the 4th fish (yellow tail) was tough,

What is even worse is that when I called up to let them know about the red snapper gone bad, the manager argued with me. He didn't apologize. He wasn't concerned to find out what batch the bad fish had come from so no one else would get it. The only thing he offered was to give me a 20% discount (same as currently circulating coupon) next time. This was not going to be an additional 20% in addition to the 20% coupon. He didn't want to comp me on the meal or replace it, but said he would give me 3 pieces of snapper. Not worth the drive to go for 3 pieces of fish! I'll just take my losses. Maybe they are good for other things, but not for sushi/sashimi.

1  Thank LakeSwimmerGirl
Reviewed 6 July 2015

The best Japanese around. Hibachi sushi drinks all are excellent. Good for happy hour as well. Great service too

Been to Yume? Share your experiences!