“Perfect! We made the best decision when we booked The Residence.”

The Residence Maldives
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Falhumaafushi
Reviewed 21 February 2017

I usually don’t give reviews about my travels but I feel that I owe it to The Residence. I’m really very happy, everything was perfect. I requested for a water pool villa on the sunset side but of course I know they cannot guarantee that and it will depend on the availability upon our check in. But guess what, they upgraded us to the 2 bedroom water pool villa on the sunset side. I think they did that just to accommodate my sunset side request. I’m very grateful. You don’t know how much you made us happy.

Water Pool Villa – it’s perfect. spacious, beautiful interiors and furniture, easy access to the house reef, lovely view. I love the pool because we can swim and at the same time look for fish swimming right below us. I love the bath tub overlooking the beach and sunset too. My husband liked the coffee machine inside our room, he loves coffee. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom water pool villa but of course we did not use the other room because the villa is already big for us even without the 2nd room.

Transfer – seamless and smooth transfer. I’ve read stories of problems during the transfer from Male to the resort but it was perfect for us. Everything was assisted very well. The transfer was on schedule. The flight was on time and we didn’t have any idle time spent on waiting in the airport. And for our international departure flight which is 11pm, they were nice enough to arrange our transfer late in the afternoon so we still had until 4pm to enjoy the resort. The transfer was really smooth. I think you just have to consider the domestic flight when booking your international flight. I mean it is a domestic flight and not just a seaplane flight.

Snorkeling – we took the reef snorkeling excursion but we actually appreciated more the house reef when we snorkeled it. The reef snorkeling is good but I think we enjoyed the house reef better because we can just do it right outside our villa whenever we want to. And when we are done, we can just climb back to our villa and freshen up easily. Aside from the colorful fish, we saw a turtle right below our villa, a sting ray when snorkeling the house reef and a baby shark along the shore in front of the beach bar and pool.

Service – what can I say, everyone is just so nice. the waiters were friendly, our butler was friendly, the reef snorkel guide was friendly. We thought the buggy service was going to take long because our room is far but whenever we needed one it was always there in just a few minutes. I think the bikes were very useful but we weren’t able to use them because they were too high for me to ride (I’m not tall) so we really often call a buggy or walk. We don’t feel tired when walking because the place is just beautiful. The landscape, the plants, the wind, the view is just too good that you would want to walk to check them out.

Facilities – there are a lot of facilities to use so we didn’t get bored. There’s the spa by Clarins. There’s a fitness center where my husband used the gym while I’m taking the sauna and steam bath. We borrowed 3 DVDs in the reception and watched them in our room. There’s also a movie night along the beach where they put a large screen so you can watch while lying on the beach bed. In the library we played xbox but there’s also a billiard table and a wide range of board games to use.

I researched a lot of resorts before I made a reservation and we did the best decision when we chose The Residence. Just book it, you’re not gonna regret it. Choose the villa with the pool.

Room Tip: rooms on the house reef side (sunset side, room 300 and up) have more calm water and less wind. The...
5  Thank im_nature_lover_9
Sundaram M, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Dear im_nature_lover_9,

Warmest greetings and thank you for taking the time to write this extensive review of your stay experience on our sunny island paradise.

It is with delight to read how much you and your husband had enjoyed your stay from the moment of your arrival in Male, to the comforts of your spacious villa and discovering the marine life snorkeling at our house reef.

Providing a heartfelt service is an integral part of the service culture of “The Residence by Cenizaro” and I am most delighted to hear that you were received with the warmth of Maldivian hospitality.

Once again, we thank you for choosing The Residence Maldives and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

M Sundaram

Reviewed 20 February 2017

The staff was tireless, attentive and competent. The residence Maldives has an added value with its staff. We were spoiled all the time.
We saw a fantastic sunset, turtles, baby sharks, rays, wonderful fish and colorful ...

2  Thank Carlos A
Sundaram M, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Carlos A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a fantastic review and indeed sharing your memorable experiences with us on trip advisor.

I am glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Our Island is located in one of the deepest and largest atolls in the world and due to its exceptional location snorkeling in our house reef as well as in the lagoon is breath taking.

We reiterate our sincerest thanks for your trust in The Residence Maldives and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

We stayed for 5 nights for Valentine's Day. It is such a beautiful resort and the staff are friendly and accommodating. It is the best place for romance and relaxation. We really enjoyed the break and will definitely return!

2  Thank justine4267

Dear justine4267,

Many thanks for the fantastic review of your most memorable experience with us on trip advisor. We would like to thank you for choosing our resort.

Once again I thank you for your fantastic feedback and we would all be so delighted to welcome you back again at The Residence Maldives.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

After much deliberation on where to go for our honeymoon, we chose to stay here at the Residence, and it was the best decision we had made. The hotel itself was beautiful, great views, lovely beach, amazing rooms but the one thing that really stood out at this hotel was the service. The best service we have ever had. Every single employee at this hotel was fantastic. Very polite, very cheery, always at your services - absolutely no fault! I don't think I have ever met friendlier people. I can't remember everyones name individually - but the one person that stood out was Hafiz! He was absolutely lovely. On the morning of our departure, we left early and saw Hafiz on the boat taxi to the airport. He wasn't his usual cheery self and seemed quiet. Having spoken to him we realised his father sadly passed away and he was travelling back home urgently. REGARDLESS of this tragic event, Hafiz still sat with us, made sure we got back safely, helped with our luggage. He just couldn't stop being so nice. He really has a big heart and is genuinely always willing to help. I am so happy to have stayed here and we had a tremendous honeymoon. I would recommend to everyone!

Room Tip: Huts are gorgeous!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank G4R

Dear G4R,

I am pleased to note that you really appreciate the service of our staff Hafiz, I am sure he would be thrilled to have been part of creating wonderful memories of your time on the island and reading your kind comments.

Once again I thank you for your fantastic feedback and we would all be so delighted to welcome you back again to The Residence Maldives.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

It's was really wonderful experience and I will repeat it again as soon as possible but the price is a little bit expensive. If you can do a little bit discount it will be very interesting.Thanks a lot for every things

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sweetmoon241

Dear sweetmoon241

Thank you for sharing with us and the TripAdvisor community your wonderful experience at The Residence Maldives.

Please let me know by email your next vacation plan on gm-maldives@theresidence.com and I would definitely assist you with the best rates.

We thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and would be delighted to welcome you back at The Residence Maldives.

M. Sundaram

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falhumaafushi
39.3 km away
Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort
Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resor...
#3 of 3 in South Huvadhoo (Gaafu Dhaalu) Atoll
Robinson Club Maldives
#1 of 1 in Villingili
39.7 km away
Dhevanafushi Maldives Luxury Resort Managed by AccorHotels

Been to The Residence Maldives? Share your experiences!