US$267
  • Pool
Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa(Hadahaa Island)
US$774
US$620
US$377
US$340
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort(South Huvadhoo (Gaafu Dhaalu) Atoll)
US$479
  • Breakfast included
Amari Havodda Maldives(South Huvadhoo (Gaafu Dhaalu) Atoll)
US$505
US$450
AYADA Maldives(Maguhdhuvaa)
US$535
US$524
Island Guest(Maamendhoo)
US$34
Pearl Beach View(North Huvadhu (Gaafa Alifu) Atoll)
US$55
Raabade Maldives(Thinadhoo Island)
US$45
US$44
All reviewsbeach bardining roomwater pool villadomestic flightfishour honeymoonmale airportdive centresunset viewthe fine dining restaurantspeed boat ridehalf boardspecial thanksbuggy servicewater activitiesamazing holidaya la carte
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 February 2018

We choose The Residence for our honeymoon trip and we are totally in love with the resort. Water is crystal clear. Staffs are very friendly & professional. Everything is taken care by the resort. You just need to relax and enjoy your stay. We stayed there for 5 nights and didn’t take any food packages in advance. We tried alacarte menu in different restaurants during our stay and the price is reasonable. Definitely recommend grilled seafood by the beach & Falhuma restaurant. We also love the spa too.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sundaram M, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to share with us your review on TripAdvisor. It brings us great delight to know that you had enjoyed your honeymoon on our island paradise, especially the Flames Beach BBQ, our speciality restaurant – The Falhumaa and the first and only Spa by Clarins in the Maldives

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Just a few words to thank to all of you my stay at your hotel.

Needless to say, I enjoyed a lot in you hotel.

First of all, there's no complaint either with the rooms, with the food, with the facilities, or with the staff. Everything was perfect.

It has been 15 days in which I have felt part of the family of the hotel and I have also met many people and I have made many friends.

I wanted to thank all the staff at the hotel (I will not remember all the names, but I will try) and especially the butlers Samee, Vivian and Bal.

Also to Virgo, that although I did not use too much the buggy always had a smile and we always spoke

To the staff of the dive center, Vincent, Echo and Sole.

To the workers at the Beach bar, Udit and the rest, I do not remember all the names, but I have been there every day and
have treated me very and very well

Also to the staff of the dinning room, which made me feel at home.
The lady who received me when I arrived and kept my place at the pavilion, Javid always had my newspaper ready with the espresso on the rocks
and explained things to me of maldives.
Obviously I can not forget MY CRAZY CHEF Benny, the best omelettes in all Maldives and the grilled fish, it taste spectacular
Between him, the guys from Nepal and the twin of one of them, who was the one who took care of sushi, formed a great team.
Mention apart has the Spa.
I have been enjoying Professor Yogesh, during my stay with the sunrise and sunset yoga and has allowed me to meet many people.

The people of the spa, very professional and very nice, some of them also found ourselves in the gym, as well as Sundaram.

We made a great group at the gym.

I also thank Cyliah, who was taking care of me during the stay and we could also speak a bit in Spanish.

As you can see my SOUVENIR FROM MALDIVES, obviously all the staff of the hotel.
Thank you very much to all and I hope we can meet again in another trip.

Room Tip: if it's possible better a villa with pool
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
7  Thank silviallopis

Dear silviallopis,

Warm greetings from The Residence Maldives and thank you for taking the time to share with us your review on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure having met you personally during your stay on our island paradise – especially in the morning gym sessions.

The team and I are humbled by your compliments and we thank you for your graciousness. Samee, Vivian, Bal, Virgo, Vincent, Echo, Solih, Udit and the Beach Bar team, Javid, Chef Benny, Yogesh and Cylia are all humbled by your mention and thankful for your kind words of encouragement.

We hope to welcome you back or to our new sister island at Dhigurah opening soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Besides the weather which you could only pray for, the rest is on the hotel and the service, and this is an element you could choose.

I was lucky enough to have good weather (no rain though a bit windy), as well as all the other elements that made my stay completely unforgettable!

We had a 5 day 4 nights in this resort last month and it was the best experiences I have had so far in Maldives (my 3rd time).

Let's start with the great points:

1) Service: top-notch. Let's skip the obvious ones like well-mannered, attentive to details, responsiveness, etc these elements are there in all 5+-star hotels. Let's look at what they have done to go beyond that: First of all, there were so many of the staff there, even in a simple transfer from the domestic airport to the hotel, there were 5 or 6 staff helping you with the luggage, guiding you, etc. In the restaurant or the beach bar again I never had to wait long before finding a person who could help. Secondly I really felt their friendliness... they always wore a big smile on their faces, they would greet you in a friendly manner even when they were working or driving their buggie. In a place where tipping is common they would never make you feel pressurized of the need to give them anything after their service. Guatam (I hope I had his name right) was the receptionist who could answer all my questions professionally, as well as a professional buggie driver who took us safely to our rooms twice, so kudos for your services.

2) Food. As others have said, you get buffets for mornings and evenings. The morning buffet has a variety of food, including food from Western as well as Chinese dumplings. The evening buffet had a different theme every day, but if you are in an all-inclusive plan then you can dine free in Falhumma for the dinner, which is a fine dining experience by the sea (and you must dine outside to feel the atmosphere) For the AI plan you get to choose from 2 set-dinners (1 beef and the other was fish). The food was superb both in terms of the quality as well as the presentation.

3) Reef. If you stayed on the sunset side, room number 300+, basically you only need to swim 7-8 minutes and you will already reach the part where the deep water meets the shallow, and where the magnificent cliff of corals and fishes are. For the previous stay, we had to swim a long, long way before seeing anything interesting

4) Tour. Went on a snorkeling tour. Unlike the previous stay where you had to be tested and proven to be a swimmer before you could join their snorkelling tour, this one was for both swimmers and non-swimmers. The tour guide (forgot his name) took a lifeguard ring and all those non-swimmers could hang on to the side of the ring and he will take them along during the tour. He also did a great job in spotting out the turtles and manta rays. Overall a very great experience for those who couldn't swim out to the reef alone and for also for those who haven't seen a wild turtle before!

5) Ladder to the sea. In my previous stay most of the rails submerged in the water had oysters grown on them and as a result I got cut while climbing up and down. This one had the rail scaled clean so it was definitely a big plus!

6) Island - the size was just right, enough to walk around yet not too small to feel crowded. A good mix of beaches (though beaches are a bit small), settlements and vegetation. No annoying gigantic black ants in the beach villa (had these before in my previous stay) though you get a few friendly neighbors like lizards, birds, snakes and plenty of coral fishes

7) Room - spacious, clean and still look new. Each room has the outdoor shower if you like to shower under the moonlight or under the starry, starry night.

8) Transport - yes, it will take an hour domestic flight from Male before 1 minute ride in a mini bus to the jetty followed by 15 min speedboat transfer. Yes, it will take a long time but the plus side is you get good reef (compared to those that are close to Male) and unlike other atolls where you need a seaplane, a domestic plane is cheaper, if your departure flight from Male is at night, you don't have to hang around in Male for half a day because you will have to leave very early in the morning.
9) Hotel management - each day the waves bring-in lots of seaweed from the water to the beaches and each day there were staff just standing there all day combing the beach to get rid of these... no wonder why the beaches looked so pristine white! and not to mention the others were carry out the usual maintenance on the wooden platform, watering and trimming the vegetation. I guess that's why the hotel still looked quite new despite having opened for a while.

Now back to the parts where they could do better:

1) My wife was a bit short and couldn't use the standard bikes and there were no bikes available for her. It was surely a long walk from the 300+ rooms to the dining room or the beach bar if you couldn't wait for a buggie. I suggest to equip more bikes of different sizes especially for Asians.

2) Getting to the house reef - we were lucky to get the sunset villa, and could easily get down and swim to the house reef. However, for those they didn't get the room there they had to either start from the beach or from the diving centre, which were so far away. I suggest the hotel to build some drop-off points in the wooden platform in the 300+. My previous hotel had that convenience.

3) When climbing down from the room to the sea via the ladder, the last step seemed to be missing so it was very difficult to get up, again especially if your legs are not long enough.

4) I hope there will be more choice for the set menu in Falhumma, 2 is too few especially when one is fish I didn’t eat.

These are all relative minor points compared to the ++ that I mentioned earlier.

Overall, an unforgettable experience... keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Definitely the sunset facing water villa. Not only will you get magnificent sunset view, but the close proximity of the reef is crucial.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Vince_HK

Dear Vince_HK,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your stay experience in this review sharing with us the highlights of your vacation.

Service is an important aspect in our product offering and we are glad to hear that you had experienced the warm and bespoke service that “The Residence by Cenizaro” is renowned for.

It was also a delight to read that you had also enjoyed the food, snorkelling and the spacious comforts of your villa.

We appreciate as well the feedback in your review and I have asked the team to look into these areas shared.

We are delighted to have you at The Residence Maldives and we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Thank You for making my first Anniversary so special..... This resort is like a paradise.... The time I spent there was like a dream.... The property is beautiful and the services are excellent... I just wish there were more vegetarian options in food....

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dr_ishitagoel

Dear dr_ishitagoel

Thank you for choosing to share with us the memories of your first wedding anniversary. The team and I are delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable time here and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

It has been absolutely one of the best hotel experiences I have ever done. It has been a wonderful honeymoon, everything was perfect, from the staff, to the food, the diving center and everything. The beach villa was beautiful, but the water pool villa , sunset view, was absolutely amazing.
The Thai food night, was sooo good! again my compliments, I can't stop saying how incredible it has been.
The reef just outside the hotel is full of fish and life, sharks, turtles, everything! we have seen dolphins from our water pool villa and from the Pool bar, just jumping outside the hotel reef, for not saying the huge group of dolphins which we have seen during our return speed boat trip going to the airport... as if they wanted to say goodbye to us! It was absolutely magic...

Thank you to all! hope to see you soon!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Francesca T
Sundaram M, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Dear Francesca T,

Warm greetings from The Residence Maldives and we are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your honeymoon thoroughly at our resort.

Being located in the one the world’s deepest and largest atolls, marine life here is pristine and rich. We have been blessed with an amazing house reef that is teeming with lots of turtles, rays, reef sharks and colourful tropical fishes, and where dolphins have also been sighted often.

We thank you for sharing your review with us and on behalf of the team, we look forward to welcoming you back again.