“Always Good”

Big Frank's BBQ and Grill
Ranked #33 of 324 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

We have eaten here many times and always try to stop when we are in the area. Today we had the ribeye sandwich, hot dog, steak fries and Mac & cheese. Everything is cooked to order so your food is served hot and fresh. The staff is always friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

I've been going to Frankie's for years. And every year I look forward to that first burger & fries or hot dog & fries at the original walk up hot dog stand on Watertown Ave. This weekend my cousin invited me to go with him to Big Franks for lunch. I said, "Sure I'll have my first Frankies meal for the season at Big Franks. I normally love Big Franks as much as Frankies. Maybe even more because they have BBQ.
Huge disappointment this time. I attribute it to a possible lack of training of the cooks. I ordered a cheeseburger & fries, even though I love the St. Louis ribs. My cousin was paying so I kept it simple. I'm assuming they cook over charcoals and started cooking too soon because all I could taste was the fumes from starter fluid that didn't have time to burn off. The burger was horrible.
Then that same night I went to a party and they had Frankie's grilling hot dogs, hamburgers, and steak sandwiches. Strange how it turned out having Frankie's twice in the same day. I had a steak sandwich with peppers, onions, and cheese. First bite and I thought to myself, "Not again". Only this time the cooks put RAW peppers and onions on this beautifully cooked steak sandwich. They should have had sauteed peppers and onions ready for the steaks.
Once again....Lack of Proper Training.

1  Thank Townz
Reviewed 20 April 2017

A place that you have to go to more then once. Surprisingly, the ribs are very good when they are not overcooked. The burgers are tasty and fresh, they beat the fast food places. There is something on the menu for everyone. There are few things that you can get as a combo meal. Otherwise, everything is a la cart.
One thing I noticed when going is that the size of the container for the same size of fries has not been the same.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We go for the ribs and pulled pork but have also done burgers here. Full rack of baby back with the fries and slaw and corn bread is enough for 2 meals. Pulled pork is tasty on a substantial roll and I add a slaw for the top. Lots of well cooked steak fries. Order at counter but plenty of booths for seating after your pick up. Never have had to wait more than 5-10 mins or so for our food to be ready. Lots of fish items, hot dogs and other sandwiches too.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Great food and a great variety of food. The kids love the popcorn machine that's in the front. The staff is extremely friendly.