“Monday is half price burgers!! Too bad it's barely staffed.....”
Review of McLadden's

McLadden's
Ranked #73 of 190 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 July 2017

As I don't drink, I can't really speak to the huge beer menu but others in my party loved the various brews. The Monday half price burger special is great as is the variety of burgers so that everyone could find something they wanted. The problem is the service: two staff or less to handle the entire dining room. Getting the attention of a staff person becomes a game as these poor people have to cover the entire restaurant because usually several staff members have failed to show up for their shift. On our last Monday burger outing, our lovely waiter Patrick (from Bristol via Ireland) manfully did his best to take our order between trying to help the other guests in the dining room. He had to admit he was the only staff person on the floor as the other wait person didn't show up AGAIN. Still can't figure out why no one from the bar or hostess desk can't help take care of the guests but hey, it's not my restaurant and I won't be going back any time soon. Overall, the food is good (burgers aren't huge but is just the right portion but those damn spicy curly fires are really spicy) even if you have to wait and wait and wait for it to finally appear. Make sure to request LIGHT salt on the fries as they are usually heavily salted and because there's the lack of servers, you usually have run out of your drinks and/or water. If you do get a server, make sure your entire party is set to order everything at this time and take a picture of your server so you can track them down when you need your tab. Make sure when the food is brought to request the bill and be prepared to pay then and there.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Went because my parents had loved the salmon they tried once, but looks like they had good drinks but was not able to try this time! live music too and good selection.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

We went here for a St Patrick's day lunch! The place was packed and very loud as they had live music! We had never been so I asked the waitress what they had on draught? Her response was "we have 80 beers on draught"!!! No suggestions! Just threw down plastic silverware and said Ok I'll be back!!!! We should have left then!!!! The food was ok but service was horrible!!!!! Would not waste my $$ again there!!!!

Reviewed 26 February 2017

My daughters and I went for our second visit to McLadden's. Unfortunately, although the food was good, our waitress provided very inattentive and poor service. We waited 20 minutes for a soda and had to ask someone else. When I asked for the check it sat on my table for 15 minutes and I had to go find the hostess, who was furtively running around trying to pick up the slack.

The place has a great atmosphere and the food was good. We had been there about 9 months ago and liked it, so I think we were just dealing with a performance problem, but it did put a damper on our visit.

1  Thank SuzeGlick
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

Nice quaint little place with the old school Irish Pub flare. I ordered a Ruben and it was not the same as we get in NY. The sauerkraut was not drained so it made the bread rather soggy. I only ate 1/2 the sandwich as the portions are healthy in size. I did get the seasoned fries and they were amazing, great pic from the bartender. Bar service was a bit slow at times but very friendly.