“Good food, slow”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my first experience with Peruvian food. It was fresh, tasty, good assortment. But after we were there for 2 hours for lunch, it was getting a bit long. Give yourself plenty of time to enjoy this good food.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

It was the early in the late afternoon and i found the owner chastising a cook or some from the staff. I wasnt to impress with the food even though plenty was serve. I suppose one has to develop a taste for certain unknown menu. The waiter was friendly and the food was ok. The check was fine and i dont believe or think itwas pricy. I have return several times but there seems to be a constant change of personel which to me its a sign of inconsistency.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I ordered a fish fish. It was salty, asked for the bill. The waitress didn't ask me if I like it or why I didn't eat it. I will never go back.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

4 of us, two couples, ate for the 1st time at Cora Cora on Sunday night.
We were seated quickly, and the tables were a good size to accommodate all the plates and drinks. We were approached quickly for our drink order, which was nice.
My 1st disappointment was that they did not carry Kahlúa, and that they only had one brand of vodka, Gray Goose.

Grey Goose is pointlessly expensive........... there are many vodkas just as good or better for less money. There should at least be a 2nd choice.

I opted for one of their menu mixed drink selections made with Pisco, Peru's indigenous national spirit, I think it was called the "Inca Azteca"
Served in an attractive glass, it was delicious if not a bit sweet and under chilled. That did not stop me from having a 2nd one!

Upon viewing the prices of the main courses, we opted not to have appetizers. $20-$26 for entrées is plenty. There were some main dishes under $20......... generally less elaborate with a few exceptions.

I had the Arroz Con Mariscos. $25.50 a heaping plateful of food! The rice was very savory (bordering on over salted) but did not cross that line for me. The seafood was nicely cooked and flavorful, not overcooked except for the crab, which was difficult to work with due to its extremely tough shell. But the scallops, shrimp, muscles, and especially the calamari and octopus were all very tender and flavorful. The red onion salad served on the side was just okay.

My wife had the Cora Power Life Beef at $19.99. She was very disappointed because she found that the quinoa stew was extremely salty to the point of inedible. The "vegetables sautéed in butter " seemed to come from a bag of mixed frozen vegetables, and there were only 3 grilled asparagus spears.

She ate the asparagus and found the ribeye steak cooked okay but salty as well.
Needless to say, she didn't eat very much. We brought the steak home and cut it up to use as seasoning (salt) in a stirfry the next night.

For dessert, we shared the crème brûlée. It was excellent!

We did not discuss the meal with the other couple.............. but do recall that there were no comments made by them about how good the food was.

I've seen a few comments in other reviews about the atmosphere. I didn't mind it, but, it is a partially converted McDonald's that needs more aesthetic work in a shopping plaza filled with potholes that are dangerous to automobiles. Not the fault of the restaurant owners............. all the shops in that plaza should band together and insist that the land owner repave or at least maintain the pavement.

In conclusion, the 4 of us each had a main course and 2 drinks each. With tip (20%) it came to $200. The service was good, but not spectacular........ I thought we were generous anyway.

In conclusion, I would probably go again and try something different, but I'm not in any rush.
Number 1 in West Hartford? Hmmmmm

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Dined here with my family for my birthday. Every aspect of the evening was perfect. The dinner was absolutely delicious. Service was outstanding as well. Our server noticed how much I loved the Cora Cora sauce and she made sure I never ran out! Tostones were cooked perfectly. Lemonade was great as well. Cannot wait to return!