“Excellent Burgers and vegan choices too”
Review of Plan B Burger Bar

Plan B Burger Bar
Ranked #12 of 186 Restaurants in West Hartford
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Description: Good times, made locally. So we had this idea. That food can bring people together in a bunch of different ways. Neighbors with neighbors. Locals with local ingredients. And bourbon lovers with bourbons worth loving. In 2006, our idea became; b Restaurants. People come here to be here. For good beer. Cool surroundings. And one burger to rule them all. Gathering is what we do. b Restaurants is where we do it.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Plan B West Hartford, lacks parking as its on street only. The food, atmosphere and staff are above average. The staff was friendly and very very accomodating, they can to the table about 4 times to make sure everything exceeded expectations. I had the Squealer burger half pork and half beef, delicious. My friends are Vegan and the staff made sure they had many options and they were very satisfied with the menu. Great Beer and Burger choices along with a complete menu.
I only give 4 stars (lack of parking) unless its truly Exceptional. most people would probably rated a 5 Star.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

On our way back from a trip, passing West Hartford and feeling like a burger, we had lunch at Plan B. The restaurant, like other Plan Bs that we have been to are well decorated and have a lively atmosphere. The host was very friendly and we were seated within 10 minutes during a busy rush. Having been at the Plan B in Glastonbury a few months back, I was expecting the same experience or at least very similar to that one, which was good. We order some beer and juice and it arrived quickly. They have an extensive beer selection, so you’ll find something you like. Our waiter took our order and we drank our beer as we waited. My daughter’s order of the children’s mini sliders with a side of taters came out, and so we expected our plates to arrive right after. More than 10 minutes pass when we finally get our lunch. Meanwhile, my daughter is done with her lunch. Good thing I didn’t ask her to wait so we could all eat together. Her food would have been cold. My wife ordered the Super Salad which comes with a bunch of different veggies like kale, Brussel sprouts, cabbage, apple sticks, carrots and candied walnuts and fresh mozz with a vin. She ordered a turkey burger that was placed atop the salad. She liked her salad, but I thought the turkey burger was a little dry. I ordered the Bacon Cheese burger which has in addition caramelized onion and a garlic mayo. I asked it to be topped with a sunny side fried egg. You get a choice of pink or no pink, so I order mine pink. After cutting into it, it wasn’t pink at all, just brown. Our waiter came over to check on us and I showed him the burger and he admitted it was overdone. He said that they had a new, higher quality ground beef mix and the cooks were still working out the kinks of preparedness. Never heard that one before. He asked if I wanted a replacement, but I declined since my daughter was done eating from getting her food more than 10 minutes earlier and I didn’t want to have them both wait. I should also mention that the egg, wasn’t runny at all, and that was overdone. Guess they were using new, more expensive eggs too. Finally, we never got our complementary pickles, we had to ask for those mid lunch when we saw other tables getting them served. I get it, some places have bad days and I’ll give the Plan Bs another try.

1  Thank leao74
Roobi B, Guest Relations Manager at Plan B Burger Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. We'd like to apologize for this experience, it sounds like we definitely missed the mark on a few points. We will be addressing your comments with the waitstaff and kitchen to ensure they are following recipes correctly. We'd like to invite you in to try us again if you're open to it. Could you email guestrelations@burgersbeerbourbon.com with your information? Thank you!

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

This was my first time to Plan B bar. Nice atmosphere (the restroom could use some renovation) but the food was great. We had the hot wings and brisket burger and both were great tasting meals. little pricey for a bar, but we had a good time.

1  Thank mich2212001
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Stopped in for a quick meal on the way to an evening event on a busy Friday night. Service was fast and efficient and our burgers were really excellent. The onion rings were heartier than most I've experienced, and the plating was very inviting. The only issue we had was finding a parking space but after circling the block a couple of times we finally were able to get free street parking. In better weather, outdoor seating would have been a fun choice.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

I came here after 10pm for the "late night" menu. I had their veggie burger, which was fantastic. It appeared to be homemade, and not a pre-packaged manufactured patty. Very tasty. The beer was good too. I was in Hartford working late, and there aren't alot of places to find dinner after 10pm downtown. This was less than 2 miles from downtown and exceeded expectations. Service was great and friendly too.