“Old School Family Resturant”

Fernwood Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 182 Restaurants in West Hartford
Reviewed 9 September 2015

Old School Family Restaurant. Good place to take grandparents to. Not overly big portions, reasonable prices, appropriate music. Good prices on beer and wine. The place is old, and very dark. I have grown fond of their atmosphere, because it hasn't changed. I like the sandwiches more than the entrees, although I did have some seafood manicotti that was very good, and the salmon was good too.

Reviewed 6 August 2015

There were 8 of us an will say the food was good no one had a bad thing to say the meatloaf was good the sandwiches were excellent , Meg the waitress was great ,

Reviewed 28 July 2015

The waitress was very friendly and took her time to explain the history of Fernwood. The service was top-notch and quality of food was excellent. I would return here with my next visit.

Reviewed 8 June 2015

This restaurant is totally filled with locals and their friends. Parking is in the back, and the food is surprisingly very good. this is not cheap fare, but you will find the ambiance a great place for a quiet dinner with very good food.

Reviewed 20 January 2015

I have taken my dad here several times in the past year, and the place always strikes me the same way... Nothing has changed here since the day they opened... probably sometime in the 1940s.

Inside it is dark, with lots of dark varnished wood. Mot of the people who eat here are senior citizens. My folks went here all of the time, and I guess there is something comforting about a place that doesn't change, when all around you are new places. The wait staff are kind of cranky, but part of me likes that too. At least they come across as honest. The food is average, and the prices are fair. You know what you get here, and it would be sad to ever see it close, when everything in West Hartford is becoming new and expensive. I would go back, but I can't say exactly when.