“Outstanding Spaghetti Carbonara”

Ranked #1 of 175 Restaurants in Westport
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Andre Iodice's dream of opening a family owned and operated regional Italian restaurant lives on with Finalmente Trattoria! Located in downtown Westport, CT just blocks away from the Westport Playhouse - it's the perfect place for an intimate dinner before or after your show! The combination of Andre and Guido's dedication to their customers, exceptional service, and delicate preparation of food has created the "Finalmente Family." "We enjoy long-lasting relationships with our customers and we are here to make our customers happy!"
Reviewed 4 February 2017

The spaghetti carbonara in this restaurant is excellent and prepared in an authentic Italian fashion with no cream. It has an outstanding taste. The desserts were also excellent (cheese cake and profiterolles). The wine list also contains some reasonably priced wines. The owner, Andrea, is an outstanding host.

mcatherine14, Owner at Finalmente Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for taking the time to dine at Finalmente Trattoria. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us.

Thank you for taking the time to write the awesome, detailed review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate reading your wonderful comments and it makes all the hard work of an owner/operator worth while when we read such great remarks.

We appreciate your support and thank you for recommending us on Trip Advisor! We hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,

Andre Iodice
Sole Proprietor
Finalmente Trattoria
Westport, CT
203-226-8500

**We are a one of a kind Trattoria. We are not affiliated with any other partners or restaurants.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

This small (tiny?) Italian restaurant located in Westport, CT is one of the best places we have ever found for enjoying Italian cuisine. There are only about a dozen tables squeezed into a long, narrow dining area. My wife and I were there on a Saturday night with another couple.

The place was packed. Each of us had one of the main dishes on the menu. And each of us cleaned the plate. Now, rather than report how great my pappardelle Bolognese was (and it was), let me digress a bit. I have a thing about Bolognese sauce. It partners with lasagna, pasta and other mainstays to create interesting and different repasts.

However, the Bolognese sauce can make or break the dish. Depending on the restaurant, it can be made with beef, lamb, veal, sausage, or a combination of the above. In my opinion, only 100% beef Bolognese and beef Bolognese mixed with a little lamb really makes the meal. Yes, I know this is a matter of taste, entirely subjective.

The Bolognese sauce at Finalmente is a perfect blend of beef and lamb. The pappardelle Bolognese was outstanding. The next time I visit the restaurant, I will try the lasagna Bolognese. (BTW, I have always believed that lasagna is the prime test for any Italian restaurant - but more about that in another review).

The bottom line is an outstanding Italian dining experience. If you go, reservations are probably a good idea.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Might i start by saying it was packed but somehow we managed to get a table by the door who cares the food service owners and management always make me leave with a huge thats y we come back!!!

1  Thank ang0114
Reviewed 16 January 2017

This is a fantastic restaurant. Small and intimate inside, very tastefully done. The owners are very passionate about their customers and most importantly, the food and wine is fabulous. By far, the best Italian restaurant in the area. A must visit!!!

Reviewed 3 January 2017

My wife and I celebrated New Year's Eve
by dining once again at this wonderful
restaurant. Everyone seems to know the
amazing owners and staff and hugs and
kisses are often exchanged. There's a
reason for the repeat business: excellent
food, gracious service and a delightful
ambience. It's always a pleasure to see
Mary and Andre, Sal, Simon and the entire
supporting cast. Love the bread with olive
dip, the many choices of starters and of
course the entrees. We're partial to the
fish specials but everything is great. Don't
miss Andre's homemade cheesecake and,
of course, the wine choices are excellent.
A friendly, knowledgeable and happy crowd
can always be found at this #1 voted Westport