“Delightful Meal!! Great pasta, wine and pizza”
Review of Tarry Lodge

Tarry Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarry Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 173 Restaurants in Westport
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin Street
Transit: Directly across Charles street from Metro North Westport Station.
Reviewed 14 September 2015

Was up in Connecticut visiting my parents.
We went to Tarry Lodge after a long, rainy drive from White Plains airport.
Everything was great (not just saying so - it truly was)

The pasta with mushrooms was savory with the perfect amount of sauce and the pino grigio was light and crisp.

Even our waitress was friendly - letting us know her shift was over and telling us who would take over. Definitely will come back!

Reviewed 6 September 2015

We found Tarry Lodge by accident as we were tired and trying to get out of the rush hour traffic on the highway. It's got walls and walls of wine - more choices than I could ever imagine, tablecloths and cloth napkins, and an abundance of waiters. The menu was interesting and varied. The food was good but there were some disappointments. The linguine with clams was heavy on the garlic with little other seasoning. The "red" sauce didn't have a lot of zing. The service was good and the prices within reason but I'm not sure I'd look for it again when we're driving north into Connecticut.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

This restaurant located a stone's throw from the Westport train station involves celebrity chefs Joe Bastianich and Mario Batali, along with a third partner; so out of curiosity and based on a recommendation from my husband who had already dined here, I visited Tarry Lodge for dinner with my teenage daughter. I agree with other reviewers that the pizzas and pasta dishes are the standout performers here. When we dined there this week my husband had the delicious chopped salumi salad and the margarita pizza perfectly cooked via their wood fired oven--while my daughter enjoyed the appetizer of prosciutto di parma followed by papardelle bolognese. I ordered the polpette, small pork meatballs in tomato sauce followed by tagliatelle carbonara (pasta in a creamy bacon sauce) and both were excellent, worth returning for. For dessert we had the yummy flourless chocolate cake topped with pistachio ice cream and the peach cobbler spiked with some caramel-flavored liqueur....that was the only false note. The fresh peach taste I was looking forward to was impossible to discern owing to the liqueur which drowned the dessert in an odd flavor, leaving an unpleasant aftertaste worthy of pointing out to our waitress. She was extremely accommodating, as was all the service staff, and agreed to remove it from our bill. The food and service certainly made it a place we'd return to, though it is clearly a favorite with families of younger children and owing to acoustics, can get pretty noisy. There is a finely curated, but pricey wine list (most bottles were over $50), and they do offer signature cocktails, such as pomegranate, peach and other flavored Bellinis, which were perfect for summer. But the most charming takeaway to me were the vintage postcards of the establishment & adjoining filling station circa 1926 when it was called Esposito's and offered 'gas. provisions. tobacco. taxi. tires. ice cream. & gossip.' Hmmm...maybe that's a good formula for a business today?!

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

Bad location, bad ambiance and eggs on a pizza for a fortune. Who needs tha,t when you now have choice. Maybe, if the location wouldn't be so terrible it might be a nice place. Move uptown to save yourself.

Reviewed 21 August 2015

Every time we are in Westport we stop by Tarry lodge for a pizza with our kids. Sit at the pizza bar and be entertained by the pizza boys, custom making your delicious pie. The menu items are also very good as are the desserts. Fun place.