“Amazing”

Pane E Bene
Ranked #25 of 173 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We opened our doors in 2011 in Westport, CT. Pane e Bene stands for bread and goodness. Bread: We use fresh ingredients in our Italian Contemporary cuisine. Goodness: The service is as important as the food. We combine good service and good food to our customers.
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is in a line of stores and yet it stands out in quality. Very nice decor and there is outdoor seating and a lively bar as well. We had the Buffalo Mozzarella and prosciutto and it was so incredibly fresh. All of the pasta is made on the premises. And it is light and flavorful. You must try squash flowers stuffed with ricotta! For dessert we had cannoli with a delicious blend of ingredients that made the cream filling unbeatable. The limoncello cheesecake was in line with traditional Italian cheesecake with a beautiful flavor. I recommend this restaurant, and Angelo is happy to please his customers!

Aly G, Guest Relations Manager at Pane E Bene, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Hi Maria, Thank you for the wonderful review and kind words! We're so glad to hear you've enjoyed your experience with us as well as your meals! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2016

The owner welcomed me at the door, the first drink was overflowing, the waiter more than once told me to relax and enjoy my drink, my appetizer, my meal, my wine, my espresso—all of which were better than I expected. How often does this happen in any restaurant I go to? Rarely, rarely. A really class restaurant.

Aly G, Guest Relations Manager at Pane E Bene, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Hi! Thank you for the wonderful review! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your dining experience as well as your meals and drinks! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2016

Very friendly owners and wait staff. Honor reservations. Food is always fabulous. Vfibrant menu with excellent alternatives.

Aly G, Guest Relations Manager at Pane E Bene, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

Hi Doc, Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2016

Have been here 3 times in the past few months and each time the food was fresh, the service excellent! No complaints!

Aly G, Guest Relations Manager at Pane E Bene, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Hey Jeanette524, we are so happy you've had a great experience with us each time you've visited. We love providing consistently good food and service and are glad to hear these parts of your experience have been excellent overall! We can't wait to continue to impress you upon your next visit!

Reviewed 9 April 2016

I ordered the rib eye steak medium rare. I got a sirloin tail well done. Angelo's only response was that he only buys prime meat. Not the$35 steak I had, And plastic menus? but the french fries were good.

Aly G, Guest Relations Manager at Pane E Bene, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Hi Norman,
Thank you for the feedback. Our customers are our top priority and while dining with us, we want to ensure our customers enjoy their meals. Our service staff is trained to check back with our customers throughout their meal to make sure their food is properly cooked, while our cooks are trained to properly cook meat, sometimes steaks do get over cooked. We rely on our customers to let us know if there is something wrong with their meal so that we can correct the situation immediately. When a customer finishes their meal, we typically takes it as a job well done! We sincerely apologize if your steak was over cooked, we would have very happily prepared a new steak had we known. Regarding out menus, we have plastic menus to avoid the menus getting dirty and needing to consistently being replaced. When dealing with steak, oils and other sauces, it’s important to have a menu that can be easily cleaned, to avoid needing to re-print menus on an ongoing basis. We hope you will give us another chance to impress you.