“Nice dinner”

Ranked #7 of 177 Restaurants in Westport
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Since 1992, the Sforza's Westport Italian trattoria has earned a “loyal following” with “dependable” “classic” fare, some inspired by nonna's recipes, plus brick-oven pizza and weeknight family-style specials, served in an “inviting” Tuscan farmhouse setting that “brings you to old-time Italy” with a distinctive stone exterior; “first-rate” service and a popular Sunday brunch are further reasons why fans declare “it's one of our favorites.” - Zagat
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

We had a delightful dinner. Chicken Reggalletto (spelling??) was fantastic. Veal parm also good. Excellent service by Michael. Very generous drinks.
I don't ever recall a bad meal here.
Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

This is a very nice restaurant with a very pleasant ambience and decor. The service is quite good as well. We've been here a few times before for lunch but I had not previously reviewed the restaurant for Tripadvisor. We shared the antipasto freddo which consisted of a nice selection for meats and cheeses, but the marinated vegetables seemed to be out of a jar and uninspiring. My wife had cozze (mussels) in brodo, while I tried their interpretation of spaghetti alla carbonara, which happens to be on of my favorites dishes. My wife enjoyed the cozze, but I was disappointed with the carbonara. It said that it was prepared with pancetta, but I hardly tasted it. Usually a carbonara is prepared with guanciale. The rest of the preparation was OK, but I think the guanciale is essential to a good carbonara. The wines by the glass that we drank were nice, but the wine offerings were limited and I wasn't even given a wine list. The espresso was below average. For an Italian-American restaurant, it's OK, but certainly nothing special.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

We have been thinking about giving this place a try. Today was the day. We were running errands and decided to stop for a bite to eat. They have outdoor seating but today wasn't good for that.The menu looked very nice. We noticed there is a luncheon special so, we gave it a try. Everything was top notch. The homemade bread with EVOO, the pappardelle and eggplant...all were beyond what we expected. Waitstaff were on point. Prices and portions are about right. Quality was very good. Next time we will try it for dinner.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

I had dinner here on a weeknight with an old friend and colleague. We were among the few diners that evening, so it was quiet. But the food was good, and service attentive.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

This is a small restaurant with a nice cozy outdoor seating area. Food is fresh and made to order. We had 4 different dinners. Everyone loved their dinner. The inside is tastefully decorated and is very inviting. If you are looking for very good Italian food you must try Via Sforza. It will become your favorite Italian restaurant. They also,have a wood fired pizza oven, but I have never had their pizza. One day maybe!

1  Thank Ashman175