“What a great find for ramen!”
Review of Kaliubon Ramen

Kaliubon Ramen
Ranked #16 of 78 Restaurants in Wethersfield
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Description: Homemade noodles with authentic flavors.
Description: Homemade noodles with authentic flavors.
Reviewed 23 May 2018

We saw Kaliubon a few months ago during their construction and find out that they just open recently and decided to try them. Kaliubon is one of the few place in the Hartford area that service ramen with one in Middletown. Great dining area, very clean but a little too loud on their music. The ramen selections were excellent and attentive service. We had their lunch selection which was enough to fill us. Definitely a repeat for us for dinner next time!

Reviewed 15 May 2018

First visit was about 5 weeks ago and I was going with a friend at their suggestion. I was glad I agreed to go. The food and service were good. It got very busy on my second visit and the service was slower than on the first visit, but still ok. On my third visit, same story. I found the seating to be comfortable. The establishment appears to be very clean. The Korean wings and the Brussels sprouts (yes, Brussels sprouts which i'm glad my friend talked me into trying) appetizers are very good. The ramen is a bit more exotic than it is in another Japanese restaurant I patronize; however, it is very good. I will go back.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

We like Asian cuisine. We go often to Angry Tofu (Korean; Wethersfield), Shu (Chinese; West Hartford), Pho Boston (West Hartford), each of.which is very good or excellent -- Kaliubon Ramen, not so much. The restaurant is located in a shopping center in Wethersfield. There is plenty of parking. We were immediately seated at a booth, which is what we requested. The restaurant decor was attractive: I liked the open air kitchen; seating is also available at a bar in front of the kitchen; the small bar area had two TVs, tuned to sports -- not an enhancement, in my opinion, to the dining experience. The service staff is a bit eclectic, but we had no complaints as to service, which was friendly enough and certainly attentive.We ordered the dumpling appetizer, which for five dumplings was pricey at $10; that said, the dumplings were definitely the best part of the meal -- a nice sauce on top, with fresh cilantro and chopped peanuts. We were hopeful. I had the tonkatsu ramen, which I didn't like at all. My husband had another pork ramen dish -- his was better than mine, but nothing special. The total bill was over $50 for two, no alcohol, which I thought was a bit high for the experience. The acid test: would I go back? No, quite simply: no. [I should point out, though, that the restaurant filled up quickly and the crowd appeared happy enough with their choices and there were a number of people picking up take-out. Maybe ramen just isn't my cup of tea ...]

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Just opened recently, a fine Asian noodle house that fits right in on the Wethersfield- Rocky Hill line.
You have a view of the handful of cooks through the glassed in kitchen. The Pork Bao was delicious and clean tasting.
The Shoyu Ramen with a subtle truffle flavor in a light but complex broth is excellent.
The Ahi Tuna Poke was clean and tasty.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Ramen craving come here. One of the best ramen bowls I have ever had!

Interior: Small spot but very comfortable atmosphere

Food:
Pork Bao: So good can't go wrong!
Wings: So crispy and delicious, perfect little app
Kaliubon Ramen: So goooooood. Warm and the broth tasted so satisfied that it was on of those aha moments.

Overall: I HIGHLY recommend this spot as even tho it is out of my way I will go back and get more.

1  Thank ablackhorse