“Nice Sushi Joint”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Visited here on a Friday evening. Restaurant wasn't super crowded, got a table immediately.

Ordered edamame as an appetizer. Was plentiful. Sushi Deluxe as my entree. Came with miso soup and a salad. Sushi was fresh and tasty. Presentation was nice.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

I am handicapped and can't go up stairs. So I entered from the top of the stairs. The Owner actually went and got my car for me and drove it around back as there is a lower entrance. Perhaps a sign on front door could tell customers to go around back and park. If you go in the road to the Post Office in Wethersfield, you will see the back lower entrance. I had never been there before so did not know and I am from out of Town.
The food could have been a little hotter. I had a Lunch special of soup, salad, 6 scallops and vegetables. And I cleaned all my plates which is unusual for me. I also ordered tea and it stayed hot the whole meal. I am not familiar with Japanese food so ordered simply. But next time and there will be a next time, I will ask my server for suggestions.
Go there and enjoy. I was suppose to meet a friend but we got our signals crossed up.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The food is delicious with wonderful fresh flavors. The cocktails are also good with a wide variety of choices. The reason I am giving four stars instead of five is the service is slow. There are a lot of employees there as it seems to be a family run business. The problem is that they have very young children there who seem to get much more attention than the customers. They would be better off having one of the family members attend to the children at a different location.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We entered through the front, restaurant is in the basement in the back!
Not very busy, but food was good and well prepared. Server as well as the chef was nice.
The bad news we sat at a table with 2 ladies who were loud and yapping away about their high school years!
They would have been better off at a booth than sharing their stories with the table.
Not the restaurant’s fault...
I’ve been to better, but for the price, it was decent.
Sushi looked great!

Reviewed 11 January 2018

I love Edo Ichi for the sushi primarily but have been for hibachi once and it was a good time. Since my son loves hibachi so much I booked Edo Ichi for his 10th birthday party on a Saturday night. We had a party of 15 and got the long table when you walk in, it was a very cold night and a little chilly, bring a sweater if you go for a large party. The chef was just awesome, funny, attentive to the birthday boy, but lots of fun for the adults. We had a lot of first time hibachi people at the table and everyone said how much they enjoyed it and how much they liked the food. Service at times was a little slow, but it was super busy. They did check on us multiple times to make sure we were happy, I thought that was very nice. Edo Ichi also let us bring in a cake and drummed along while we sang. It was very nice and they made my son feel very special. I would recommend this place for sushi, hibachi, or a fun party for adults or kids.