New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Springfield, Vermont
“Not one of their best locations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

The first thing I did when I checked in is take pictures as I always do. Then used the bathroom. Of course I did not bring my camera in there but was TOTALLY grossed out to find a HUMONGOUS booger the size of a dime on the shower curtain. I stay at many hotels and this just turned me right off to that hotel and I will not stay there again. It was VERY noticeable, so I could not figure out HOW a housekeeping attendant could have missed it if the shower had been cleaned at all. You open the shower curtain to clean and then CLOSE it when done. VERY noticeable.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Prince Albert, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

Wow nice place, check in was great. All the staff were extremely pleasant. Hotel had lots of exterior entrances so didn't have to travel far to get to my room. Room was clean and spacious, king bed was very comfortable and room ammenities were good. Daily coffee and breakfast was included. Hotel had nice fitness room and lots of parking. The rates were excellant and I would stay again in a minute if I was in the area. The drive from New York to Windsor Locks was absolutely beautiful.

Room Tip: King room was excellant! Back of hotel quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
Southington, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stayed here before a very early flight and were very happy with the check-in, the room itself and the services. The a/c in the room was fantastic! Very spacious and comfortable room (2 beds), clean and comfortable. The only issue someone had was that the sink was outside of the bathroom toilet/shower, but for me this wasn't a problem. The staff was wonderful and we were asked if we would like a wake-up call, were up for complimentary breakfast at 4am, and got a quick shuttle ride to the airport. When we returned, we called for the shuttle back (very late at night too) and were picked up and brought back to the car. VERY reasonable prices and great service!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank JackiKC
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

Ok...in all fairness, this is no resort or grand escape but rather a place to rest your head before you fly out early in the morning from the airport, or in my case after a fun filled day at Six Flags New England with three kids. So here it goes:

Room: Clean, but dated. Smelled like old smoke though there was no smoking allowed in the hotel and the smell was only noticeable for the first five minutes. There was a nice flat screen TV, but a dozen of the channels were fuzzy. Spacious enough for two adults and three kids. Definitely liked that the sink was OUTSIDE of the bathroom.

Bed: UNCOMFORTABLE. My boyfriend and I are used a king so sleeping in anything else is always an adjustment but this was just downright uncomfortable! We chose to stay in a room with two double beds and requested a cot in order to fit all of us...if we ever stay here again we will splurge for two rooms. Needless to say we spent half the night trying to crawl out of the valley that formed in the center of the bed and the other half making sure not to fall of the edge. My oldest said the cot was okay, but when the person (who was also the shuttle driver) dropped off the cot they did not leave a blanket!

Which leads to my next point...SERVICE: Upon check in I requested a cot. The receptionist said that as soon as the shuttle driver returned she would send him/her up with the cot. When we got back from dinner (8:30pm) the cot was there but with no blanket. I called down to request one be brought up (I should have just went down to get it myself). 45mins later there was no blanket but we were all in bed exhausted from our day. The phone rang around 10 asking if we still needed a blanket. My half conscious mind replied "forget it"...two sheets would have to do. I also thought it was peculiar that the shuttle driver was also the cot deliverer among other things I'm sure. Hire more staff?

Overall: If you just need a place to crash after a day in Agawam or before an early morning flight...sure...why not. They do have complimentary continental breakfast which was great for us with the kids. But if you are expecting prompt service, and that possibility of a two star hotel going above the expectation...Think again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
PNS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

This is an airport hotel. Nothing too exciting. I will say the staff is very nice, the rooms are clean and comfortable, free WiFi, Airport shuttle transportation, and a few fast food restaurants within walking distance. The key thing is that the hotel is clean and comfortable! I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying the night with travel plans the next day... or for someone who may have been stuck due to unforeseen circumstances during their travels. Great Airport Hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business