“Best Burger I have had in a while !!”
Review of The Penguin

The Penguin
Ranked #28 of 84 Restaurants in Bethany Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Penguin is a family owned and operated farm to table restaurant. We use the freshest, locally sourced ingredients available. Come in and enjoy our fabulous breakfast, delicious Beanie's double burger, specialty sandwiches and wraps, Fresh fish Tacos, seafood and salads and gluten free and vegetarian fare. In season, we are open for dinner several nights a week. Come taste our locally sourced fish and crab (our chef personally knows many of the fishermen we buy from). We offer a children's menu as well, so your kids can be happy while you enjoy some of the finest food available in Delmarva. We are happy to take dinner reservations between Memorial Day and Labor Day. We are a landmark in the heart of Bethany Beach, about 1.5 Blocks from the beach.
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Visited Bethany Beach this past weekend. Penguins looked like a nice relaxing place - with a pretty varied menu. Breakfast, lunch etc..Took a chance on the Burger and I am glad I did - one of the best I ever had. My husband had the fish tacos and thought they were excellent. Pleasantly surprised - not too many places make fresh homemade burgers..

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Juice great but at 5.50 a glass and 68.00 for 2 adults and 2 kids with so so food. And a minimally pleasant waitress there has to be a better breakfast place.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This is not the Penguin of old days. This is a brand new much nicer re-interpretation of the old Penguin. The food is excellent and I would give it five stars but I am not sure exactly which days and hours it is open during the off-season. Their website is not clear.

1  Thank Jay J
Reviewed 26 February 2018

One of our favorite breakfast restaurants in Bethany Beach. They offer healthy and enjoyable fare. Reasonable prices (for the beach) and great food.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

After growing up in this area, I more recently became intrigued by The Penguin, aptly as it is named after one of my favorite animals. Being a foodie, I’m always looking for new places to eat, especially for brunch. Reading up on the reviews before my visit, I was a little skeptical as most were good, but there were a few that just disappointed. Walking in- there was no host. Just two servers, both splitting the restaurant in half as their sections. Liz sat us immediately and took our drink order. The first thing I noticed was the menus were hand colored! It was a cute little touch. After Liz brought our drinks back to the table, we ordered and in a timely manner, we received our food. The toast and home fries looked a little well done, but they were absolutely delicious. My omelette was good as well. Overall, Liz was very attentive and didn’t hover, which I LOVED! We will definitely be coming back to The Penguin!