11 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$629
View deal
Booking.comUS$629
Hotels.comUS$629
PricelineUS$629
TravelocityUS$629
FindHotelUS$629
Residence InnUS$629
All reviews south building off season beautiful hotel starbucks coffee hotel restaurant main building free breakfast front desk staff first floor sitting area oatmeal bethany mari balcony boardwalk kitchenette inns
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2020

First off, this place is expensive. I used Marriott points for our stay of five days, otherwise it would have cost about $3,300. There is a North and a South building separated by Hollywood St. We stayed in the South part on the 3rd floor with a partial ocean view and a small balcony. It was very nice. There is covered, free parking in each building. Check-in is in the North building, as are the spa, pool and restaurant. The place is very clean and the staff very friendly. My only complaint is something the hotel has little control over ... inconsiderate guests. We looked forward to sleeping by the ocean with the balcony door open. One night we were awakened at 2:30 AM by our loud, talkative neighbors who decided to sit on their balcony. Another night, a group two floors below were blasting rap music and dropping F-bombs at 11:30 PM.

Room tip: stay in the North building if you want easier access to check in/out, the pool, spa and restaurant.
Date of stay: September 2020
3  Thank TrayBN
Filip Siladjev, Guest Services / Front Office at Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2020

Dear TrayBN,

Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I do apologize for our loud guests, this is not typical for our hotel, but it does happen non the less.

We hope that we will see you again in the future, stay safe!

302-539-3200

Reviewed 5 September 2020

The hotel was good for what we needed. We had our 2 boys with us and got a suite. The room was good, bathroom a decent size for 4 people using it. The beds were good and the extra space in suite was appreciated. That said, the cost was inflated way too much. We assumed it was due to the time of year, but we could pay $700+ for a room in South Beach and be directly on the ocean in a very nice room.

The rooms didn't have an ice bucket (other hotels provided plastic to cover the buckets), no light on the makeup mirror, no waters in the room. For $700+ a night, the amenities were extremely light.

We did not partake in the breakfast, however my husband stopped by and said it looked ok and safe to eat.

Check in was great, very friendly and easy (and safe). We felt safe in the hotel, although there were a few guests walking around the halls without a mask.

Gentleman helping us at valet (African American) was super friendly and helpful.

Got lunch take out from the restaurant and it was 'meh' and took a long time for a salad with shrimp.

We would come back if the room was under $300 and happy to recommend to others if it was that price, otherwise it was overpriced for what you get.

2  Thank katem200
Allyson Knight, Guest Services / Front Office at Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2020

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. While I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the comfortable suite, I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the rate you booked. Located right on the beach and boardwalk, our oceanfront all-suites hotel is perfectly situated in upscale Bethany Beach. As such, our rates reflect the convenience of our fantastic location to area restaurants, shops, and attractions. Off-season you can find great deals online. Travelers love visiting us in May, June, September and October. The weather is great, crowds are minimal, and our local restaurants boast amazing second-season specials.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during these unusual times.

Reviewed 28 August 2020 via mobile

Booked two night stay with our Marriott rewards points for Tuesday and Wednesday night. We arrived late on Tuesday (around 9pm) after moving our daughter into college in Maryland. Decided to add an extra night stay for Thursday upon arrival. Girls at desk helped us with adding an night and told us we were all set for the extra night. Today I went to go to the pool and my room key wouldn’t work. I went to front desk to let them know and they told me my stay was over and they did not have me in for a room for a third night. Ii was told I needed to go and pack up my room and leave. I called and spoke to manager and she said sorry she feels bad but now they don’t have any rooms and there is nothing she can do. I’m in my car driving back to Boston which is an 8 hour car ride because the hotel gave my room away. I’m assuming they gave it away because I was using my points. So disappointed. If u are a reward member. Please be aware.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank annie5016
Filip Siladjev, Guest Services / Front Office at Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2020

Dear annie5016,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn and providing your honest feedback.

I am very sorry for what happened, it was a human error and we are terribly sorry about this mistake. This has nothing to do with your way of payment, it was our Front Desk's error. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. Please reach out to me at fsiladjev@bboceansuites and I'll do my best to take care of you.

fsiladjev@bboceansuites.com

Reviewed 24 August 2020 via mobile

We stayed at the Ocean Suites for 2 nights in August. We were very apprehensive about traveling during the pandemic. The hotel location was perfect. The boardwalk easily to get to and the town of Bethany was very Covid conscious. We had a wonderful experience and stayed healthy due to hotel being so careful.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank OrlandoMJ
Filip Siladjev, Guest Services / Front Office at Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2020

Dear OrlandoMJ,

Thank you for providing feedback for your recent stay, we appreciate your business. We hope to see you again sometime, stay safe!

Reviewed 12 August 2020

We always enjoy spending our vacation in Bethany Beach and this year was no different. All areas of the hotel were impeccably clean. The staff was professional and friendly and on top of their game. If you're looking for a fun and safe getaway this summer this is the place to be!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank robfF9077VF
Filip Siladjev, Guest Services / Front Office at Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2020

Dear robfF9077VF,

Thank you for providing feedback for your recent stay and for coming back to Bethany Beach for your vacation, we appreciate your business. We hope to see you again sometime, stay safe!