All reviews golden retriever beautiful view of the bay fridge and microwave easy parking private balcony other hotels erin dog block dewey
Reviewed 6 August 2017

my wife said it best. Pictures to follow shortly. The mold mentioned isn't a little mold. It's rotted drywall with flies living in it. Don't stay in room 209.

The location and the fact that it's dog friendly were huge draws for us. All of the staff was very friendly. There were some small issues (poor WiFi, spotty cable, broken burner in the room) but overall these weren't a big deal when weighed against the great location and the low price. However, the shower in our bathroom had a serious issue: water was leaking behind the wall, causing serious water damage and visible mold. When we told employees, on two occasions, they said they'd notify maintenance, but that was the end of it. Don't know that we'll book here again.

Room Tip: Look Elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed Friday to Sunday. I had a room on the 3rd floor, with a balcony that had a nice view of the bay! Never been to Dewey before, so I lucked out with how close this hotel was to everything. Was able to get dog license across the street; dog friendly restaurants right next door. The front desk staff were super friendly! Room was clean. It's an older place .... you can tell. But walk dewey and many look similar. My only complaint was the noise. The rusty rudder is right behind the hotel. They had a live band Friday night which was incredibly loud. Thought they were in my room. I think lighthouse had one Saturday night. I just kept my TV on to cut out the noise. The biggest plus was I was able to have my dog there. The location is very convenient. They had easy parking.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2017

We travel pretty much everywhere with our golden retriever in tow so finding a pet friendly motel is crucial and in the off season that can be tough in Dewey Beach. We booked our room through hotels.com for a long Thanksgiving weekend and actually loved our room/view so much we stayed an additional day. As some other reviews have mentioned there are times when the office is not open (in the off season) but hubby and I aren't "needy" travelers so I really don't understand why the front desk being at your beck and call 24 hours a day is a necessity. I really loved when I got a call from the Sea Esta the day before we were to arrive to let us know we could check in as early as 10 am on Thanksgiving day (the office was closing at 5), our go to place at Dewey closes for the season in October and one of the main reasons it is usually our first choice is the early check in option. Check in was smooth and easy and I was pretty excited when I realized that pretty much all the rooms had balconies with a view of the bay but when we got to our room and I realized that not only did we have a bay view but the wrap around balcony afforded us an ocean (albeit a little distant) view as well. The room was clean and very roomy and I loved the large bathroom set up plus I was pretty psyched to find that not only did the room have a mini fridge and microwave but it also had a sink, electric stove top, coffee maker and ironing board. The wi-fi reception was spot on and lots of tv channels to choose from. Since the motel is located near the end of the strip I would imagine that even in the busier season it would be fairly quiet. Our golden retriever is a seasoned, well behaved traveler but most of the motels in the area have windows in the front and he can see every stranger that walks by but at the Sea Esta 3 once the door is closed the only window is the balcony which I really loved being able to keep the curtains open without worry of some stranger looking in as they passed by. The beds were super comfy and the rooms were pretty much sound proof, I don't know if that was because the motel was fairly empty or just that the doors are that solid but not once was Riley disturbed by foot or auto traffic. Lots of bars and restaurants along the strip and the beach is a few hundred feet away. We already have reservations for Easter weekend and will definitely keep this place as our new go to. On a side note, when I booked our room for the Easter weekend thru Hotels.com I included a message to management which was promptly returned, very impressive since hubby and I shut the Sea Esta down when we left on the Monday after Thanksgiving, loved being the only people in the entire motel. There are 4 Sea Esta Motels in the DE shore area so be sure you are reserving your room at the Sea Esta 3. Another plus - the police department is right next door which is a huge plus when it comes to the noise level staying appropriate.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms have the best views.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2016

It's really just an average motel/hotel, but it's close to the beach without an actual view. (that was promised on booking.com, but it wasn't clear why) place is very expensive but so are unfortunately all motels and hotels in this area.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2016

Booked a long weekend mid-summer. If you walked across the carpet after getting out of the shower, the soles of your feet turned black! Made you wonder when the carpet was last cleaned? We got clean linens and towels everyday from housekeeping, but changed the bed ourselves.....I think you can guess why? Basically, a bed and shower, not real clean, but not filthy. We survived.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple