Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews small kitchenette two blocks clean rooms get away mini fridge great room private balcony first floor no elevator pier bay motel dewey efficiency gazebo stove ocean
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 July 2021

This place is now where near a resort ! It is like a days inn with outside entrance doors. The Main office is a sad little room the has horrid coffee.
The house keeping is on request only ,
The parking is awful. We could not find a spot and ended up parking in the fire lane. We suggested they assign spots to an assigned room ! What is so hard about painting a number on a parking space. For the price of 300 dollars a room , it’s sucked

Room tip: We had a balcony room that looked over the bay. The rooms are way too small to be comfortable
Reviewed 24 July 2021

This is coming from someone who never typically takes the time to write a review as I just move along no matter if a place is good or bad but in this case I just felt I had to let others know.
First, I went off the reviews here to book this place for a 3 day weekend thinking it would be a nice clean spot with easy water access. The summer rate brought 3 nights to around $1,700 which made me think I was going to be at a ‘resort’ as the name implies. This is so far from a resort it is not funny! It is more like a motel/hotel from days past, that happens to be in a pretty good location for the area. If they didn’t have their location they would have nothing! Check-in was completely lack luster – just a girl behind the desk saying ‘can we charge the rest to the card on file’ ..clearly zero customer service training which irks me since that is my job. They don’t provide anything in the lobby in the way of local maps, places to see, restaurant ideas etc – nada just a check in and sign. Our room was first floor, bay facing so should have been one of the nicest available. We opened the door only to be like you have got to be kidding, this can’t be! The carpet was OLD – dingy, old, dirty in the corners, dirty around the edges, shows wear down the middle where everyone walks, immediately I knew shoes had to be kept on for the whole 3 days. The ‘kitchenette’ which I thought would be nice to have mainly for the fridge and countertop space was wayyy less than anticipated. The fridge is a veryyy old built-in style unit, I open it and water poured out on the tile floor. It looked like the little part in the middle that is supposed to be the ‘ice tray’ area maybe had leftover water from last guests, or wasn’t getting as cold as it should be – whatever it was I had to wipe that mess up about 3 minutes into vacation while reminding myself we just dropped almost $2k for 3 days here. It was also apparent the fridge had not been cleaned or wiped down, it had no fresh scent of cleaning or anything that had a nice shine to it indicating a fresh wipe – it was dingy. When I went to grab the kitchenette towel to wipe up the mess it was a raggedy, threadbare, torn dish towel, something that should have been thrown away a long long time ago. I don’t know if this speaks to the management running the place and not keeping on top of things, or more so to the housekeeping team but anyone who would knowingly fold and place that dishtowel in the kitchenette for an arriving guest needs to learn a thing or two. I went to the bathroom to grab a bath towel instead for the fridge leak issue – the bath towels were more of the same – they were the oldest, scroungest looking threadbare, rough towels you could possibly have. About the only thing I could say was that I didn’t see any holes in them but again for the price tag I would expect a half way decent towel. I inspected the bathroom, very small, have to sort of step to the side around the toilet to close the door behind you. The shower is one of those where they put the new plastic tub and surround over whatever old tub must have been there. There was some mold growing on the seams where the caulk was, totally unacceptable. When I ended up actually getting in the shower later in the evening I noticed as you step in and down the new plastic tub sort of ‘gives in’ and you feel it go down a bit until you must hit the stable bottom of the old tub underneath. The tub was narrow and the shower head was spraying water up @ the ceiling so there was water dripping from the ceiling which was charming. I could not decide if the shower curtain was freshly laundered and new for our stay or if it was used so I’ll leave that alone. Toilet/sink/mirror area was fine and plenty of countertop for makeup, sunblock etc.
The room had 2 double beds – they were fine, seemed comfortable and under the fitted sheet I noticed they were fully wrapped in plastic mattress protectors so that gave me some confidence that the bed was clean. I suppose the bed is one of the most important parts and for that I will say the mattress were comfortable, pillows were fine, the bed in general might have been the nicest and most updated part of the room. Let me quickly go back to the kitchenette – there is a small Hansel & Gretel oven – it is OLD, I’m talking possibly from the 70’s old. The knobs for the burners are on the front of the oven, maybe 3.5 feet off the ground so the entire trip I was watching to make sure our child did not turn the knobs on, ignite the burners, and potentially burn the entire place to the ground. I’m serious, in today’s day and age of regulations and safety I have No idea how this place with the oven like that passes any type of code. Guy who owns the place must have the inspector in his back pocket!
There was a new TV and newer dressers. We attempted to use one of the drawers of the 3-drawer dresser only to find out that because it was not on a level surface as soon as you put any weight in the dresser drawer it opens and will Not stay closed. It opens into the walkway you need to get past the bed/dresser and to the slider so it was Extremely annoying to the point we were going to look for a little something to put under the front of the dresser to prop it leaning more backwards and solve the problem. Again this is all while reminding yourself you are paying over $500 a night for a ‘resort’ stay. The curtains that slide across the slider to keep the bright sun out are multi layered – like a sheer, then a thicker, and finally a black-out. They had to be from 1980 at the very earliest. As my kids started touching them I was cringing of thinking how much filth was likely trapped in them. Have I stressed how OLD the place seemed. I’m not sure if I just happened to get the oldest room in the entire place or what but it was nothing like the reviews I read here that describe this fabulous clean place. Again I had the ‘bayfront’ two doubles, ground-level so I would imagine this was the most up to date room.
Outside of the room the ‘resort’ was mehh…. There are some cute Adirondack chairs along the bay which were pleasant. Upon waking up in the morning after the first night there, I was super surprised to see that no one had attended to the chairs to put them back in place and clean up what people had left from the night before. We were sitting out there in the evening and there was a rather large group of adults and children which were having pizza and drinks. There were some empty cups left, a sandal, a wet sock, some little pieces of garbage/plastic, a water bottle – this type of stuff that you image for this price and again being at a resort that there would be someone out there before 8am picking all of that up from the grass and re-arranging the Adirondack chairs for the day so that as a guest you do not have to go out that and start with dragging your chair from the circle it was left in from last nights guests while dodging garbage in the grass. Ugh.
The dock is nice – 2 chairs at the end - both broken so I sat very cautiously and was constantly watching when the kids were on/around the chairs as when they do break someone is going to be taking a swim! The hotel pool was small and based on how old the pool towels were it just make me question – if you are not keeping up with the towels, then am I to think you are maintaining the pool chemicals? There seemed to be a lot of people in the pool, loud music was playing way past 10pm which surprised me but once our room door closed it pretty much drowned it all out so the thickness of the room door was a major plus. There is one ice maker and one soda vending machine on each of the 3 levels of the hotel. The ice machine is a happening place. There was no room service still due to Covid. I was told at check in to just call down to ask for more towels etc. I called about 9 am on the first day because remember I had to use some of my room towels to wipe up the kitchen mess so I was in need of more towels by the first morning. They told me ‘housekeeping starts at noon so we’ll be down after that’. Someone finally came about 4pm with towels, luckily I wasn’t waiting and was just happy they arrived. The location of being able to open the slider door and step out and be right on the bay is the only saving grace to this place when you factor in the cost. Bottom line - IF you find some ‘special rate’ or aren’t going during the high season and you can get a room for $200 a night, maybe $300 a night tops, then I say go for it, but if you are going and are thinking of paying over $300 a night for this place just have very low expectations.

Reviewed 20 July 2021

Frame of reference: laid back family, stay in Ritz Carlton's to Days Inn (and everything in between). If you are looking for a typical clean hotel room with a great view and small deck - this is your place. It is not fancy and, in fact, the side facing the road looks awful - but the room was very clean, the staff extremely nice, free coffee, great Bay beachfront, long dock, great chairs on the Bay, nice outdoor pool and fantastic location. The hotel is on the Bay, but a very easy walk to the ocean beach (maybe 10 minutes - tops). I would stay here again if in Dewey Beach (first time to Dewey Beach). Location can't be beat and very close to Bay/Ocean and all the restaurants/shops, etc.

Room tip: Pay extra for Bay View - its worth the $30 extra or whatever it is.
Reviewed 18 July 2021

Unless you're lucky enough to get a room facing the bay this does not at all feel like a "resort" nor "waterfront". But after having issues with the a/c in our other hotel in Ocean City we were thrilled to have a nice cool clean room available for us during the busy July month. There is a small kitchenette too so we were able to preserve our food in the frig. There was no view at all from our corner room though we were overlooking the pool on the 3rd floor. You couldn't sit out on the private balcony though since the a/c exhaust was as hot as a dryer pumping hot air out onto the balcony. That did serve well to dry off our bathing suits though! Very friendly efficient staff and a clean comfortable room and decent location.

Room tip: Ask for bay front view rooms.
Reviewed 16 July 2021 via mobile

The Bay Resort is absolutely fabulous!! The rooms are always clean and well kept. This is probably our tenth time staying here and it just gets better every year! Stephanie at the front desk is amazing! The Bay Inn Resort is both accommodating and centrally located in Dewey, with easy walking to both the beach and restaurants. A+++

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple