Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews small kitchenette two blocks clean rooms get away mini fridge private balcony first floor no elevator pier bay motel dewey efficiency gazebo stove ocean season
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2022

Not to get all sentimental, but this vacation was special to us in more ways than one and I'm so happy I decided to book the Bay Resort Waterfront Hotel for our first vacation in three years since before the pandemic. We had a really nice relaxing vacation and our stay the Bay made it that much better.

Let me preface by saying this is not a hotel or a resort, but essentially a beachy motel with some amenities that elevate it past a Super 8, but not quite to the level of a Hampton Inn or the like. Regardless, it's charming, it's simple, it's rustic beach chic. You know what you're getting so don't go into this with high expectations and you'll be set. You need a place to lay your head after a too much wine at dinner, a shower after a day at the beach, and coffee in the morning to do it all over again. The Bay offers all of that, and more.

Let me get the cons out of the way: that bed is as hard as a rock. I couldn't wait to return home just to get back to my own mattress. The room is also pretty outdated in its finishings and kitchen appliances, which is evident by the coil burner electric stove, the rusted metal shelving in the mini fridge, the scratched up/worn pots, pans and tableware, the older microwave model, the sconce on the patio that didn't work for us during our stay. It's clean, but in a "I'm cognizant of the wadded up tissue shoved into a random drop ceiling tile in the bathroom and I just won't look at it" way. Plus, there were like 10 resident flies in our room the whole time, most likely cause the sliding door to the patio is not screened so those suckers zoom into the room from the bay real fast whenever you open it.

Additionally, we needed wheelchair access. Their website boasted an "ADA King" but didn't offer much detail or photos to help me gauge exactly what "ADA accessible" meant (I promise you, every establishment is loose with this definition). So after booking, I called thrice well in advance of our check-in date and spoke to 3 different staff members at the front desk to inquire about the shower/toilet situation and to ensure the room definitely had zero steps. None of them were able to answer my bathroom questions, except only to say "It is ADA complaint so it should be wheelchair accessible." I wasn't thrilled with that response but decided to risk it and check in a month later sight unseen. Thankfully, I see now they've updated their website to include some details about the shower (the accessible rooms either have a roll-in shower or grab bars in the tub. We had the latter). I included photos of the ADA Bayside King room for reference, as they would have been tremendously helpful to me.

All this is to say it didn't make or break the vacation, but it's worth noting, especially since it was close to $800 for a three-night stay during peak Fourth of July season (we checked in after the holiday on the 5th).

Regardless, we had zero setbacks with the wheelchair and it ended up being very comfortable and accessible-ish, as promised. We were on the first floor, there was plenty of space to navigate within the room, the bathroom had a roll-under sink, and the bathtub, towel racks, and mirrors were also lower. The grab bars behind the toilet (as opposed to on the sides) and the non roll-in shower came with some difficulty, but that's also on us for not wanting pack our commode/shower chairs. I am sure we could have asked to see if they had any of this, so that's on us. Just an FYI if you're considering what to pack. (Also, a lot of the kitchen equipment and cutlery was in the higher cabinets, so not super accessible either, and the threshold from the room to the patio was definitely a huge bump, so not a great transition in a chair.)

Now onto the good stuff. The check-in process was smooth and I was even able to check in an hour and half earlier. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The coffee in the main reception area was a nice touch. The resort is central to anything and everything Dewey, with a liquor store and plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The view is unbeatable, we were right in the beautiful bay with a well-kept dock and grounds, plenty of adirondack and lounge chairs in a nice turquoise/orange color scheme. We spent so much time on that patio soaking in the sunlight and moonlight, drinking our coffee or wine. There's a sandy beach area, a gazebo with swings, and the option of kayaking and paddle boarding with a third party company. Plus, the pool area was very well kept and a nice relief when I didn't want to be on the grass with the many children running around (only problem with the first floor: no privacy from the adjacent guests). Our last day there, a Friday, seemed to be when the staff does major cleaning and rearranging the furniture for the new week of guests to arrive. Up until then, it does get pretty littery (I spotted some cigarette butts, soda cans, and general trash in the sand area but that's more of a problem guest issue than the hotel's).

Overall, the sunsets and sea breeze and gentle waves of the bay made our stay worthwhile and its central location is unbeatable.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2022 via mobile

I needed a hotel for my family at (quite literally) last minute notice, as the one we had booked’s pool was under renovation. I called and they got me in, no problem whatsoever! Then on top of that gave us, in our opinion, one of the best rooms there!!

We were so pleasantly surprised with the beautiful view, the big refrigerator, the stove, the little sitting area on the private beach, just everything!! The room and bed sheets smelled so clean and fresh.

They have their own pier with two chairs at the end that you can sit at, and comfortable swings and chairs around a fire pit, AND your own private balcony on the bay side. There are also washers and dryers that you can use.

The staff was so friendly and kind. The coffee was delicious, I can’t complain about literally anything except if I HAD to find something, it would’ve been nice to have an elevator.

It was a little bit more of a walk to the beach than the other hotel we used stay at but we didn’t mind, everything else made up for that.

This will be our new “go to” place to stay when we visit Dewey for sure!!

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2022 via mobile

Everything was great! i wasn’t so sure when I first saw the exterior, as, like so many in the area, it is a bit dated, but I was impressed by the size of my room, full stove/oven, mini fridge and balcony. The view is wonderful especially for sunsets. My bed was super comfy and everything was pristine clean. All of the staff were very helpful and welcoming. The coffee in the lobby hit the spot in the morning. The location is ideal! I’d definitely return and highly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank lctravels
Reviewed 25 June 2022

This was our third year staying at the Bay Resort. The first two years we had a good experience, but this year, not so much. The rooms were filthy. Walking across the room gave us black feet. The stove was also disgusting. It was evident that the rooms are not cleaned thoroughly as there were spit marks in the mirror and unknown substances on the bathroom walls and ceiling. Unfortunately, the only excuse we got was that they are remodeling soon. This has led us to look other places to stay next year closer to Rehoboth.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 198elizat
Reviewed 21 June 2022

Great location, great value for 1 night. It was exactly what I expected - nothing fancy, but served its purpose! Beds were comfortable. the AC was cold, but the comforter was very warm, so I had trouble getting comfortable with a temperature. Fridge was larger than I expected, which was a nice surprise. great view from bayside rooms. Parking available. They couldn’t initially find our reservation, which we had made via third party, but eventually we got it sorted out & they upgraded our room for scaring us! The checkin staff was an absolute delight & I give kudos to the girl who was working on Thurs 6/16 at 3p in the afternoon!

Trip type: Travelled with friends