“I'm hungry”

Ranked #10 of 208 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Where Pigs Fly Celebrated 24 Years In Business On April 19, 2017. Thank You To All Of Our Customers!
Reviewed 24 April 2018

The food was good, the service was very good. Will totally go there again even though it's a drive from Millsboro, DE (my summer home away from home)

Reviewed 23 April 2018

I am giving them 4 stars for the food but 2 stars for the service. Our food was delicious, baby back ribs, fell off the bone, bbq chicken very moist and tender. I would love their cornbread recipe! Our issue was the service. Our waiter, Rob, was a fast talker and never checked back to see how we were doing or refill water glasses. I ordered brisket, came back and told me it was not "ready", I would have to order something different. No problem at all. He pushed Blue Moon as a beverage, told me that as tonights special, Blue Moon came with a complimentary glass. The problem was the billing. He charged us for the (extra)brisket dinner and charged us $1 for the glass. We caught the dinner upcharge but not the glass charge til we got home (2 hours away). I had originally told him that I didn't want the glass. He came back with our leftover package and suggested that since it was already paid for with the drink, I could still take it home.I said okay. Clearly not complimentary if you are going to charge me for it. Its not the dollar but the manner in which it was marketed.

1  Thank em-T-sails
Kelly D, Owner at Where Pigs Fly Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you for choosing to dine at Where Pigs Fly and for taking your time to write a review. I am glad that you enjoyed our food.
I will personally speak to Rob, this is not our policy and I certainly do not approve of this. Honesty is the best policy.
I am very sorry for any inconvenience. I hope that you will visit us again.
You can contact me personally at kdevine430@comcast.net

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Our family loves this restaurant. The food is delicious, atmosphere is fun, and the staff is friendly and attentive. Portions are very generous too! As for the sides, they are all great, but have to say the Mac and cheese is really tasty! Love the hush puppies and slaw too. Got take-out this time and we were so impressed. They pack all parts separately in containers, so your sandwich doesn’t get mushy, and you can assemble when ready. Great idea!

Thank you! I am glad that your family loves Where Pigs Fly. You are why we are in business and celebrating 25 years. That is exactly why we package our to go orders that way; happy to hear that you appreciate the way we prepare it. Make sure that you try our broccoli salad; it is delicious. Have a great day and we hope to see you and your family soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

I've been to the restaurant and they have catered several meetings I have attended. Unfortunately, they put the same bbq sauce on all of their meats. The meat tastes good by itself, but if you order a platter with 2 or more kinds of meat (pork, beef, chicken), they all taste the same. Won't go back unless it's free or a big discount.

Hi Mary Anne, I am glad that you enjoy our smoked meats;
we would be more than happy to put the sauce on the side for you. We also have a sweet bbq sauce if you would prefer it. Thank you for your time and we hope to see you again. Have a nice day, Kelly

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Amanda was our server and she was amazing and attentive. The food delicious. We had fried mushrooms as an appetizer and fried chicken salad. Hubs had 1/2 rack ribs with beans and baked potato.

Thank you for dining with us and for your review. I agree, Amanda does a great job and I will let her know about your review.
We hope to see you soon.

Been to Where Pigs Fly Restaurant? Share your experiences!