“Great place for a special occasion, our 40th......”
Review of Michele's

Michele's
Reserve with OpenTable
Michele's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 208 Restaurants in Dover
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: There is no better way to end a perfect day with the family — or begin a night on the town — than with a great meal. Dover Downs Hotel & Casino is proud to be home to Michele's®, the Dover area's premier steak and seafood restaurant. With some of the freshest seafood — much of it sourced from the Delaware area — and delicious steaks, Michele's is the crown jewel in the Dover Downs Hotel & Casino family of restaurants. Visit us for dinner from Tuesday to Saturday; we are also open on Sunday and offer a special brunch buffet.
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Went there for our 40th wedding anniversary, service was excellent, food was very fresh and the steaks were grilled to perfection.The herbed fries were an unexpected pleasant surprise. Reasonable pricing on the wine list.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Food was so good and service was great on a busy night. Our server was Rebekah who even over booked in her station was very sweet and efficient with smiles and patience. Sylvia was the hostess and very nice when we just got in an had no reservation so she offered us the only seating available which was 1hr later and we took it. Table was ready when we arrived. We were the last table to leave but we're not at all rushed and the manager,Efren, one of 5 on that evening stopped by to check on us. Wonderful food and dining experience. Going back in October. Hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we did.

1  Thank Np C
Reviewed 8 September 2017

My husband and I went here (first time!) for our wedding anniversary dinner. We were delighted to discover this lovely, upscale restaurant with all the trappings of fine dining. Rebecca was an attentive, helpful server who ensured that our every whim was satisfied. Head Chef John came to our table to both congratulate us and to verify our pleasure with our meals (prime strip and filet mignon steaks, preceded by lump crab cakes as an appetizer). As a final gesture of good will, Rebecca gifted each of us a spot-on delicious apple tart for dessert. It is a grand venue for any occasion.

1  Thank Nancy G
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Service by Mark excellent.......Steaks on hot plate awesome, lobster bisque excellent, potatoes a'gratin not great potatoes not done and cheese only on top not throughout......smaller bite size or shredded potatoes would be better. Wine excellent!

jlake2017, Senior DirectorOf Food and Beverage at Michele's, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

My name is James Lake and I am the Senior Director of Food and Beverage for Dover Downs Hotel and Casino. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent dining experience in our Michele's Restaurant. We pride ourselves on exceeding our guests expectation at all times. I appreciate your comments regarding the Au Gratin potatoes. It is only though your feed back that we are able to refine our food product! I will be sharing your thoughts with our Michele's Chef and server Mark. Thanks and have a great day! Look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

My wife and I had dinner here while staying at the Dover Downs Hotel/Casino. This was our second visit. We both had beef tenderloin, my wife's done Medium and mine done Medium Rare. Both came out perfectly cooked and were tender and delicious. The service was exceptional too!
The only thing less than excellent this night was the noise coming from the other side of the restaurant--a business meeting with many people and narrated slide show--that we were forced to listen to because the meeting place was not closed off by door or wall. This took away from the normally romantic atmosphere.

jlake2017, Senior Director of Food and Beverage at Michele's, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

My name is James Lake and I am the Senior Director of Food and Beverage for Dover Downs Hotel and Casino. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent dining experience in our Michele's Restaurant. We pride ourselves on exceeding our guests expectation at all times. I appreciate your comments regarding the noise from the business meeting taking place. We will look into how we can eliminate this situation from repeating in the future. We look forward to your next visit with us! Have a great day!

Been to Michele's? Share your experiences!