“Hearty local place to eat in Georgetown”

Georgetown Family Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 21 January 2018

If you are in Georgetown by any reasons or just drive by to the beach or back, plan to stop by the eat at this place. It is located on the major street going to and coming from the beach near the courthouse and the town hall. My first time I stopped by on the way back from Lewes. The staff were so friendly. They greeted you like they know you from ion. They are patient and prompt in serving you. Food is good with large portion. No pretentious here, come and eat and take home whatever you cannot eat it all. Very down home place.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

My cousin and I were out looking for a new car for her. We asked about a good place to stop and have lunch, and Georgetown Family Restaurant was suggested, so we went.

Its pretty easy to find, but has no parking of it's own. You need to find parking on the street in a fairly busy area. But there is no charge for on street parking so you don't have to worry about plugging a meter and time.

The place is very clean and the staff is friendly. The menu choices are vast. Prices are very reasonable. I had soup and sandwich for about $7.00. The portions were good sized.

The ambiance is very modern and we enjoyed the 'fake' fireplace. This place is definitely worth you time if you're in the area a looking for a good place to eat!

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

A very nice restaurant with generally great service. The food is always good and the prices very reasonable. Probably not what you would call a “fancy” restaurant, but very reliable in terms of food, service, and price.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We stopped in for a late morning breakfast with our team following a game at Sports at the Beach. What a welcoming establishment. Appears to be family run and they quickly accommodated us. The service was fantastic and the food was plentiful and delicious as well. I look forward to coming back the next time we are in town.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I travelled to Georgetown in a long drive. I was tired and hungry and read other reviews and was looking forward to a nice meal. I was seated pro,aptly and attended to almost immediately. I asked about one item on the special list and it was not to my liking so I asked about their big shrimp sauteed. I told the waitress that I wanted to taste the sauce but did not want a bowl of sauce. Barely moist I said.. when it was brought to my table, it was drenched in a thick yellow sauce, almost the taste and consistency of creamy chicken soup made by Campbell's. I was asked if it was ok and I said it's drenched in sauce. I was too tired to return it and th e waitress just thanked me.. I figured for accepti g the meal .. I flagged her down and asked for another bowl to get the sauce off my plate but when that did not work I asked for a small plate just to be able to cut the shrimp. The pasta for me was just not edible in the sauce. The waitress knew I was not happy with the meal. The man who I assume was the manager was standing by my habe the entire time, may have seen the way I was eating the meal, not sure, but he asked me if all was ok and I said I was disappointed, he asked why.. and I told him of my initial co version, and that th e waitress told me she told th e cook in the kitchen 3 times.. The manager said they put it on the order and it wasn't th ere. So basically he called me a liar. I mentioned to him he can ask the wairess,, he said he was sorry.. truthfully sorry in his case isn't good enough because due to someone's mistake on his employ, I am the one who was not believe. Not good customer service or business. I did not ask for anything but I th tink better service would have been a small discount.. a open gesture probably would have gotten him a little better review. The shrimp were plentiful and larg e
Unfortunately I am hoping the reader remembers everything else but the shrimp in his review