“Casual lunch on the front porch”
Review of The Buttery

The Buttery
Ranked #14 of 95 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Stopped here for lunch on our way back to DC. Had a nice table on the front porch. My chicken salad could have used more nuts and fruit, but it was still good, moist with big chunks of chicken. DH caesar salad was also good, tasting of anchovy (as it should) without being too salty. He ordered it with shrimp and there must have been a dozen on the plate, more than expected and properly cooked. Attentive service.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I thought we were going to have a fancy lunch before we headed back home upstate but when we arrived we found out they were doing their brunch. We just ate breakfast but the call of the Bloody Mary was too much for her and the call of the petite steak and two eggs over easy with potatoes was calling me. It ended up being our favorite meal of the whole weekend and the steak was one of the best cooked I’ve ever eaten.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went here for Easter dinner 5pm reservations. Seated our party of 6 at a nice big round table. Drinks were ordered and bread was brought to the table. Everyone had a salad, big portions. Four people ordered the filet, one the crab cakes, and one rib eye. Everyone raved about how good the meal was. The meat was done to perfection, and the sides of asparagus, spinach, and potatoes were very good too. A little pricey, but enjoyable meal with the family!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

My husband and I live in Milton! We wanted to go to Lewes with our daughter and son in law to celebrate 3 birthdays! They live in Nj. We have heard about the Buttery and of course saw it many times. We love Lewes. We went to sit at the bar.. Very comfy, pretty inside! Just a beautiful place!! It was happy hour. The food we ordered was sooo delicious. The whole time there was just fantastic! The drinks perfect and our bartender Jen was so nice and knowledgeable!! Can't wait to return!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Have dined here several times since the newest owners have taken over and been greatly satisfied every time. Food is excellent and the atmosphere relaxing and stylish. Good for dates and family with grown children. I had a selection of sorbet for desert that wonderfully topped off a crab cake lunch.