“One and Done”

The Grille at Back Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grille at Back Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 98 Restaurants in Middletown
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Went on a Friday night at 5:30. While the bar was busy the dining area had one other couple. When our waitress brought out the pitcher of water we discovered our water glasses obviously were not cleaned or rinsed well as they had "stuff" adhering to the outside. It took a few tries looking at glasses on nearby tables to find one that was "clean". When our waitress took our order I asked if they served portobello mushroom sandwiches, to which she replied no. I then asked since they had a portobello filet entree if they would make a portobello sandwich, to which she again replied, they did not have that. My wife asked a few questions about the menu and the waitress replied that all things on the menu were made from scratch. As such I ordered a garden salad, veggie burger, and sweet potato fries. My wife ordered the avocado salad and chicken enchiladas. My salad was field greens with a few vegetables, the veggie burger was a frozen package burger and definitely was not made from scratch. The sweet potato fries however, were good. My wife's avocado salad was a lettuce wedge with a few cherry tomatoes, a little onion and only four slices of Avocado ($10.95). When I asked why she did not eat all of the very thin enchiladas she responded that she had eaten the part that had filling, which was about 1/3 of each. During the course of our meal a couple with I assume their young grandson, sat near us. I heard the woman ask the waitress if they would give the young boy a smaller portion of something that was on the menu, to which the waitress replied, she would ask but doubted that they would do that.
Maybe we were there on an off night or maybe the waitress was new or both but, the food was definitely not worth the trip and the waitress' response to my request and the other table's occupant's request was not acceptable as each was nothing that would have taken extra effort.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Have been here many times. Ordered the crab dip appetizer. Disappointed,was a mouse with very little crab flavor and lots of cheese. Also supposed to come with crostini and arrived with pita triangles. Sent it back.

The filet was GREAT! perfectly cooked(rare) and flavorful. The sides...well,the hearts of palm inedible. The broccoli,tough..

The Mrs had a killer Salmon,with mango salsa..OUTSTANDING portion and flavor.. Manager was kind enough to remove the app from bill and comped a birthday dessert(funnel cake fries)definitely a winner.

Henry our waiter did an outstanding job. Also realizing that the app took too long to arrive and we barely started when entrees arrived.

One of our favorite places..Will definitely return!

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Checked the place out for dinner after a movie in Middletown. Had no idea what to expect except that I knew it was at a country club.
There was indoor and outdoor seating and it was a beautiful evening so we decided to eat on the patio. It was also kind of noisy inside due to the live music.
The menu is huge and has something for everyone. We had the crab dip appetizer which was large and very good. I had the skirt steak and my wife had the salmon salad. We enjoyed both. Drinks were both good and cheap, and when the bill came we were both surprised it was so cheap. Very reasonable especially considering the meal size and quality as well as the ambiance. I would certainly recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Great variety of half price burgers and all bottled beers on every Monday night. Group of 6. All burgers cooked just as ordered. Just delicious and a terrific bargain. Very friendly and responsive staff.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Hands down the best Crab Cake we've ever had. Seafood bisque was excellent as well.
We stopped here for lunch on the way to Virginia. Glad we did. Wait staff was friendly. All the food we had fantastic. Definately worth a trip when in the vicinity.