“A sunny place like home”
Review of Rams Head Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Rams Head Inn
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at this resort during the independence-day weekend. When I checked out, I knew I will be back.

Tropical storm Arthur swept DE over the independence-day weekend and lingered a bit on the morning of the 4th. I arrived at Rehoboth around 11:30am. Around noon, I received a phone call from one of the property managers asking when I will be checking in. The previous occupant just left and they wanted to make sure that they get the room ready for me when I arrive. The manager also informed me that they planned to have a cookout by the poolside around 3pm and wanted me to make sure that if interested, I can plan ahead. Great service. They care.

Upon check-in, I was greeted and given a tour of the property and led to my room. I stayed at the Harlech. The room has a cube-sized mini-fridge. It also has a stand-in shower. The towels smell clean and the room was cozy. During the tour, the manager explained to me that the storm flooded part of the property over night and they are working hard to ensure that everything gets back in shape as fast as possible. The cook-out party was a success. Lots of food -- real food. People came out of their rooms and we all celebrated together. It's nice to get to know other occupants. The weather started turning nice during the cookout. The property manager also started cleaning the leaves out of the pool as people continued to enjoy the food. By 430pm, the property was in good shape - clean, blue pool. People enjoyed and played around the pool.

The property has a kitchen area. It is open 24 hours. It always has bagels, bread, cereals, instant grits etc so that when you are hungry, you do not need to leave it. There is a water cooler to keep you hydrated and ice-maker to cool you down. There is also a coffee machine with an assortment of flavors to choose from as well as teas. It's a place where they really want to make sure you are comfortable and feel at home. The owners are friendly and frequently chatted with guests.

Harlech room is right next to the entrance. It's smaller in size and there pretty economical but for people who do not tolerate minor noise well during their sleep, this might not be a best choice. The lock is electronic and when people try to enter, it makes noise. It does not bother me, but if you cannot tolerate noise during sleep, you may want to mention to the owner that you want to stay away from the entrance.

Over my stay, I can see that the owners tends the garden themselves. They do work hard to make things as perfect as possible for everyone.

A little traffic tips -- the Inn is off Rd 275 13A and during summer time, this road is severely congested. I was told by the locals that some people used this route as an alternative route to the beach. Your GPS may tell you to turn right on 1D (John Williams Hwy) -- where MacDonald's is. If you do that during summer, chances are you will be stuck in traffic for at least 10 minutes since there will be a lot of local traffic without traffic lights. What I did instead is to continue to drive on Rt 1 south, then as soon as I see Atlantic Liquor on the right-hand side (Old Landings Rd), I turn right. By doing this, you overshoot a bit on Route 1, but you will be in the opposite direction of the heavy traffic and can just waltz by.

Oh, finally. Be aware of the two dogs. These two real sweethearts are some world-class schmoozers. <3

I felt completely relaxed over my stay. It's a place where the owners welcome you and try to make you feel at home. I know I will be back.

Room Tip: If you cannot tolerate even minor noise during sleep, make sure you get a room away from the entranc...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My fiance and I just returned from a wonderfully relaxing weekend of rest and tranquility. I am delighted to share with you my review.

This is more than just a B&B. Located in a wooded secluded location but only a five minute drive to the beach. With all their is at the resort, it may be difficult to leave to go to the beach.

The Owners:
I think this is a very important factor. You are staying in their home and want to feel comfortable.
Both Paul and Frank are outstanding hosts.
Just a few examples of this superior service:
-Paul was delighted to make suggestions and even reservations and, as he is a local, knows owners of restaurants so we also got taken care of.
-Frank even helped us get a tire changed when we got a flat.
-At one point, while relaxing in the pool, I had just said to my fiance "I wish I had something to float on" and no sooner Frank had these pool floats.

The Bedroom:
All the bedrooms are honestly amazing. We were able to get a tour in-between other guests' checkouts. Even the "smaller" Harlech and Warwick rooms are a nice size, but the other rooms are very large and most hotels would consider these rooms suites.
Our room was the Windsor Suite. Which I never wanted to leave. Beautiful vaulted ceiling, exposed wood beams and great lighting (natural and lamps with dimmers). Loved the easy access to the backyard and house. Two French doors overlooked a beautiful courtyard with a private garden table.
The bed was also very comfortable. My fiance has terrible back problems, and these beds were perfect.

Room Amenities:
-Large fridge with freezer. If you're going to the beach, that freezer is a life saver. Allows you to freeze water bottles!
-Cable TV. They have about 100 plus channels. HGTV, History, TrueTV, Bravo.
-DVD Player with extensive library. They have great selection of movies from "To Wong Fu" to "The Hangover". Free of charge!
-Complimentary WIFI. It even works out on the pool deck, which was great for listening to Pandora. (Although the resort's music selection was magnificent, a blend of everything always in an upbeat tune- and not too loud)

The Resort (Because Bed and Breakfast is not all they offer):
Loved everything.
-Breakfast. The waffles are AMAZING. And the homemade muffins are not to be missed. Paul even went out of his way to bring me one poolside.
-Pool Area and Sun Patio. Large with ample lounge chairs and all chairs are in the sun plus umbrellas for added shade. Surrounded by tropical plants, growing ivy and bright colors- I felt right in the Caribbean.
***FYI- Large beach towels. Easy 5ftx4ft.
-Great outdoor dining areas. Perfect for eating in under the stars.
-Jacuzzi. The beautiful ivy keeps it serene and, even on rainy days you can sit and mellow out to the gentle sounds of rain.
-Gym/Sauna. The gym has everything.
-Common Area/Living Room. Set with a view of the yard, it was a great place to mingle with other guests. I can't wait to return in winter when the fireplace is on!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing. As each is so different book early for the one you want!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WillandJoe
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The rooms are beautiful and well kept, the staff are incredibly friendly and willing to make sure you have a great stay. The jacuzzi and pool area is wonderful. Staying in the off season meant not as many other guests, which was fine with us. Our next stay in Rehoboth will definitely be at the Rams Head, and we are already planning our next trip!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank rflagg
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I arrived at Rams Head anticipating a great experience but that soon faded. I first noticed how dated everything looked. It reminded me of an old castle, cold and with
dated decor. I immeditely got the feeling, that the owners could care less if was there or not. They were not a happy pair. Being into landscaping, I noticed how much work needed to be done. Weeds and overgrowing vines were taking over especially near the hot tub and play area. The only saving grace was the morning coffee and breakfast. My impression is that this inn has seen its day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank john p
ramsheadinn, Owner at Rams Head Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you for your review even though it must be several months since your stay. Why did you wait so long to post a disappointed review? There are lots of vines covering the hot tub and back fence, it's called ivy. The other vines into the play area is honey suckle, but being into landscaping you probably knew that. The entire front of the property has been newly landscaped with a new entrance. Thank you for noticing and mentioning that, oh wait, you didn't.
The feeling of an old, cold castle was perhaps the past, but has been revamped with our ownership. As far as us not caring if you were supposedly here or not...absolutely silly. I won't even respond to your accusation of "they were not a happy pair". Ok, I will ... really?????
I and glad you enjoyed the breakfast and variety of teas and coffee available 24 hours.
However, I sincerely do appreciate your thoughts and comments. I would welcome your landscaping suggestions.

Frank

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I had an interesting trip to Rehoboth staying at Rams Head. The owners were a little overbearing and I had to get my point across that I wanted to be left alone to enjoy the inn and not be entertained. After that, they kind of ignored me, which was fine. I did note that the owners do their own room cleaning and yard work both of which were subpar to say the least. I stayed for 4 days and not once did I see a vacuum cleaner, mop or broom in action even between guests leaving and another taking the same room. I guess that explains sand on the floor in my room when I arrived.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo