“Its lunch was so good that we had to go back on get away day”

Henlopen City Oyster House
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Henlopen City Oyster House, conveniently located about 2 minutes from the Avenue Inn. Steamed Clams, Seafood Chowder (red based), flash fried Clam strips and Fish & Chips. All fresh and tasty at a moderate price. I wish that I had one of these back home. Went twice, Saturday and Tuesday.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We ate dinner here last night. Expected good food, and got better than we expected. Our salads were beautifully presented. The dressing was flavorful, not overwhelming, allowing the taste of the food to come thru. The mussels were the best we have ever had!! They were larger than we have had (and we have had them from most restaurants in the area), and were all tender. I had the red snapper. Very juicy and flaky, excellent. I had a side of collard greens. They made me feel like I was back in the Carolinas at those real southern cooking restaurants.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Four of us had dinner and the winner meal was the fried oyster platter. Only complaint was the fries as a side were way too salty. Wahoo was very good too and they were accommodating and added a side not on the side menu. The day boat scallops were excellent but the sweet potatoes just didn’t go well. I would ask for a different side next time but loved the Brussels sprouts.
It wasn’t full and yet it was very noisy. One improvement would be to have espresso, a nice finish to a good meal. It was disappointing that they don’t have it.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Had couples lunch and it was fantastic, Shrimp was perfect, very fresh, prepared in spiced boil, I highly recommend. Everything was great, a new Rehoboth favorite.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

After a long drive, we got here right before the kitchen closed, but we didn't know it. The waiter was still attentive and accommodating, and the food was excellent. The smoked duck salad was unexpected and delightful, with great flavors.