“Cute little coffee house with good coffee”
Review of The Coffee Mill

The Coffee Mill
Reviewed 29 May 2017

We found The Coffee Mill on an alleyway off Rehoboth Ave. by chance while walking around the town. They have a large selection of coffees but only brew a few each day. The day I went I selected the decaf. caramel flavored coffee but it wasn't being brewed that day, so one of the employees made me a decaf. coffee & added caramel. It was delicious. They are very accommodating to the customers! They also have other goodies like biscotti & cookies, etc. There is seating at small tables outside the shop.

1  Thank KARS929

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Line was long, so this made me believe it was a worthwhile establishment. Boy was I wrong. Coffee was overpriced, and nothing special. Definitely a tourist trap. Probably all vacationers, and I get it, but to real system of order either. As one reviewer mentioned, the old man taking orders doesn't even look up at you...he just grunts and takes your money. No doubt all of us tourists are paying for his $2M beach house. Furthermore, after one person walked away with one of my coffees ( as they didn't have them both ready), the barista wanted to argue with me when I asked for my 2nd cup. Just not worth it. Other places to choose from in the area.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

The Coffee Mill is an institution in Rehoboth Beach. And, it's the kind of place you hope to find on vacation and love. It's located on a nice, brick paved pedestrian alley just off Rehoboth Avenue, there are tables chairs outside, and they play music when they're open. It really a lovely setting.

Unfortunately, everything you've read in the other posts about poor service tends to be true. Mel is not slow the snap at you if you get to the register and aren't prepared to order immediately. He'll also become quickly annoyed if you ask too many questions and frequently yells at this staff.

We used to stop at the Coffee Mill somewhat routinely. The coffee is pretty average, but we do like to support small business. We'd joke about being ready to order at a moment's notice and accepted Mel's behavior as part of the ambiance. However, on our last visit, I went to put half & half in my coffee, and it was visibly spoiled. When I asked for another container, Mel snapped that he didn't have time to go to the grocery store. No apology was offered. I threw the coffee out once we left the store.

Now we go to Starbucks and joke about not letting Mel see our cups if we walk by the Coffee Mill.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

I wouldn't call this a "hidden gem". Stumbled upon it one day and decided to give it a try.

Should have driven to the store, bought a coffeemaker and brewed some Folgers instead. Or maybe Nescafe instant coffee might have tasted better.

On top of that, the counter clerk couldn't bring himself to do more than grunt.

Finally, one of my top requirements is cleanliness. It was filthy.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Found this gem - walking down a small side street and was cold so we ducked in for some hot coffee. Coffee was really good - met the owner Bob...had a great conversation with him about the history of his place and learned some stuff about the area! Great Guy!! Will definitely be back next time in town! Thanks Bob!