Trip.com
Traveluro
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 August 2019 via mobile

Location of this motel is great...and that's about it. The hallways are dark and dingy and the rooms are run down. There was blood on 2 sets comforters and sheets. When cleanliness was brought to the attention of the front desk, the response was, "these rooms are used heavily." Place needs updating and intensive cleaning. Will not be back.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2019

My partner and I looking for a quick fun overnight trip. Booked the hotel through book.com ( 1st mistake) . Checked in and took one look at the room and walked right out , NOT STAYING there. Room was all dusty, dead bug on dresser , and paint chipping off bathroom stand, just all around a horrible room. Went downstairs explained that we cannot stay there and we were told we needed to contact booking.com for them to send refund to the hotel. Perfect , did that.... after weeks and weeks of calling to speak to a manger , somehow and so conveniently they were never there. I had patience with them at first , then it wore thin. Lorane the front desk lady assured “Bill” the manager would call me back. Come to find out “Bill” doesn’t exist. They Also gave me a bogus email address express my concerns. Then I called back and Barbara states that she could not give the hotels email address out and that she would call the cops bravura I was calling. I am just a customer wanted my money back for a stay that I didn’t even stay at. DO NOT WASTE your money here. They should be embarrassed to even show their rooms. They denied my refund request because they said that’s how the rooms are suppose to look. So if you are looking for bugs, torn paint , TV barley working room ..... this is the place for you. But if I were you RUN FAR AWAY. Maybe end up with bed bugs too , who knows.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joella7711
Reviewed 12 July 2019

I visit Rehoboth Beach twice a year for the past 6 years and for the first 3 years I stayed at your typical popular hotels like; Hampton Inn, Quality Inn, and Marriott that are directly on US 1 Coastal Hwy. Although those are nice places to stay and enjoy the amenities, I stumbled upon the Sandcastle Motel while en route to the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk shops to see the room and the amenities it offered.

First impressions are good, second time around even better! Their staff, very friendly and approachable. Their concierge allowed me to view their room to see if it match their online room images and indeed it did; very clean, bedding clean and clear of any questionable stains. Bathroom including shower, thoroughly cleaned and clear of any questionable stains. Yes, the property and rooms appear "dated" but I can appreciate the nostalgic, comfortable feel of the appearance. The property staff keeps up with the maintenance and will accommodate your needs should you bring any concern to them.

What I also love about this motel is that they have a indoor pool and sauna room on the 2nd floor. They have a roof lounge area on the 3rd floor and lastly a bar(Conch Island) and liquor store on the main floor. Oh, and did I mention its only TWO BLOCKS from the boardwalk?!

I honestly don't know why they call it a "motel" when it doesn't feel like one. Hopefully they will change that name in the near future. I think that deters some potential visitors when they look around for vacation stays. I must admit when you're ready to book with them, try to book immediately! The Sandcastle Motel is one of Rehoboth Beach's underrated stays and they are booked up for a good reason. I highly recommend you book with them on your next visit.

To help with demographics: I'm a millennial, single w/ no kids (sometimes stay with few friends), African-American male. Sandcastle Motel are family-friendly, not sure if they are pet-friendly. I encourage you to speak with their concierge. Although they encourage a smoke-free establishment, if you do smoke, you will have to pay extra but what hotel/motel doesn't charge a smoker's fee nowadays? I didn't want to list any of their current amenities because like any hospitality, I'm sure they'll update at any given moment so I don't want to give any reader false information about their property.

Thank you so much for taking your time to read this lengthy review!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank cljackson88
Reviewed 10 June 2019 via mobile

The rooms are not luxurious, but they were clean and comfortable. We had 4 friends staying there - the beds are a bit on the small side for non-couples, but everything was clean. No bugs anywhere in the room. The bathroom was clean as well. The room could use some maintenance but it was fine considering the great location and the fact that it’s much more reasonably priced than some of the other nearby hotels. We had a balcony and they had chairs on it which was nice. Balcony doors are old and squeaky and hard to open and close. Once again, you get what you pay for but since it was clean and comfortable I would likely stay here again next time I go to Rehoboth. The hotel is right on Rehoboth ave so you just park your car at the beginning of your trip and just walk everywhere from there. Restaurants, shops, and the boardwalk are all an easy walk. They have a garage for parking and did not charge extra.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Alisonnnnnn
Reviewed 10 June 2019

Avoid this motel! The location is great but the motel is super run down and filthy! When we first got to level 3, where our room was, the smell of some chemical was overwhelming. The smell in our room was even worse! It was so strong it was hard to breathe. I suffer from headaches and a smell like this would eventually make me sick.
It smelled like eucalyptus/chemical bug spray to me. I ask the front desk for another room and I checked the other room and it had the same smell. There was black mold in the ceiling of our room. The ceiling was dripping in a few spots. We had roaches in the bathroom at night. I did check for bed bugs around mattresses and luckily didn't see even evidence of them. It was one of those places that you wore shoes to get to the bathroom, if a pillow landed on the floor it was forever tainted and had to stay there. The halls and carpets were dark and dirty. The elevator takes a very long time and so we opted to take the stairs and they were so covered in bird poop it was hard to find a clean spot to step. There was a creepy man that I believe is an employee (I read other reviews complaining about the smoking guy holding open the door) that stood holding the front door open who was vaping and the smoke was blowing indoors. I watched him for a bit hoping he'd be considerate and stop smoking considering I was with 2 toddlers but he didn't so eventually I had to ask him to move so that our children could pass through. I will not stay at this roach motel again. I would rather spend my $200 a night someplace else next time and not have to worry about bringing some critters home with me.

• Trip type: Travelled with family