“The Cove used to be a struggling business perhaps subsidized by the Bayside development. That has changed.”

The Cove Bar and Grille
Ranked #18 of 37 Restaurants in Selbyville
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Overlooking the 18th green, The Cove Bar & Grille offers stunning lakeside views and a casual dining menu that is sure to delight the whole family. You can't miss The Cove's delectable weekly specials or s'mores by the fire pit. Stop in to enjoy our legendary Orange Crush or a local brew. Happy Hour is 3 pm to 6 pm every day at the bar! Live music every Friday from 6 pm to 9 pm in the second season.
Reviewed 23 November 2016

My wife and I along with our 3 year old grandson dined there tonight thinking of a simple, fair priced event. We arrived during their advertised "happy hour" of 3-6 PM and were the only table occupants yet 25% of the total occupancy at the time. For drinks, we ordered a no call Manhattan, an iced tea, and an apple juice. Our group of 3 was a very small percentage of the Cove business at that time. A Manhattan at Ruth Christ's is cheaper and the Yellow Fin in Williamsville has better quality food.

We ordered some onion rings, a salad, a rice and chicken entrée and a crab cake special. What we ended up with was the chicken rice enter that nobody wanted to eat (maybe it looks better on the homeless food line?), 2 actually decent crab cakes, a large salad, 4 breaded chicken filets, and enough french fries to feed an army.

Cutting to the chase, the crab cakes were the keeper. Nobody was excited with the rice/chicken "homeless buffet", and for the price of the Manhattan (during "happy hour"), I would rather spend my money at Ruth Christ's in West Ocean City.

The end: $70 bill for 2 grandparents and a child on an off night but we brought home some salad and 2 chicken fillets. A McDonald's carryout would have been a better value.

In addition, 2 of our neighbors arrived as we were leaving. They were intending to sit at the bar for "happy hour". Whatever they learned after talking to us as well as the staff resulting in their leaving when they did.

We have no plans of returning at this time.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

We live in the area and had never been to the Cove. So when a duo who we know was performing there on a Friday evening we decided it was a good opportunity to give it a try. We had heard mostly positive things and knowing it is managed by SoDel we had high expectations. What a letdown.

While not terrible the whole experience other than the entertainment was just not worth where the prices are set. The only real value was the $3 Blue Moon beers. The soup du jour was beef barley and it just did not have a home made 'look' to it and I have tasted way better from a can of Progresso which would also be twice the serving size of this. $7??? Then the Turkey and avocado panini was even more of a rip off. It was nicely prepared and looked delicious, however when I opened it up to put on the chipotle mayo I was shocked to see the 'turkey' was nothing more than sliced Oscar Mayer style lunch meat! C'mon SoDel??? $12 for a sandwich I can make at home for $1.50???

Then the service. While not rude our bartender was relatively ambivalent about us. The restaurant was barely 1/4 full however she rarely checked in on us and we waited a long time for our second beer. Then when she did get us our second Blue Moon it was not served with an orange slice as is customary so we had to wait and get another bartenders attention to get the orange. Finally despite the mediocrity of it all I still tipped $7 on a $31 check and did not even get a thank you.

With the abundance of dining options in our area, including the many SoDel options we love like Papa Grande and Catch 54, it is doubtful there will be a return to the Cove for anything more than a beer while watching fine entertainment.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

The menu is rather basic, but the food was well prepared. We've been coming here for about 5 years and it's consistently gotten better.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

I had the spicy fried spare ribs, very good!
Hamburger is also very good. The only problem with this place is it is so loud in there. I had to walk outside just to take a break from the loudness. Food is good though. Just go early.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Very modern and relatively new bar and restaurant at Bayside Golf resort in Delaware. Check out their Happy Hour specials. I ordered the Club sandwich and it was excellent. Nice view on their outdoor patio of the 18th green. Friendly and excellent service.