“Worse breakfast ever!!!”

Ranked #19 of 606 Restaurants in Wilmington
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Stopped in for breakfast on Sunday and was extremely disappointed. Started out ordering coffee and chocolate milk. Coffee arrived with lipstick on mug and it as all downhill from there. The second cup tasted burnt. Chocolate milk was beige in color with very little chocolate in it. Then can out food, my monte christo came and one side had caked on cinnamon which looked burnt. The other side was ok. When we reached for the syrup it was STUCK to the table with syrup all over. Ham was very salty. I had to take the turkey off to try and eat it.

Just a very disappointing experience. Hard to believe since it always seems busy. Maybe just first timers that never return.

1  Thank Winnie1011

Reviewed 5 March 2018

There is a reason this place gets mobbed on weekends. The food is plentiful and very good. Not overly pricey and good for families. Service takes a little hit but that isn't their fault. The line stretches out the door

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Excellent coffee shop/diner. Really great local vibe - glad we got to check it out. Lost power at the house during a storm and most of the places around us were out, so we drove the 20+ minutes or so to Wilmington and decided to give it a go - glad we did! There was a serious wait during the breakfast rush, but we were quoted a 20 minute wait and they were pretty much right on point. Coffee was good, service was super friendly. They were busy, so we maybe didn't get the quickest refills on coffee but other that is somewhat to be expected. Good bloody mary, excellent huevos rancheros. Tried a slice of the chocolate bourbon pecan pie for dessert and it was a win. Good price, will absolutely be back. Thanks for a great time!

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

My friend and I very much enjoyed the spinach feta and tomato omelette. It was packed with those ingredients.
We got the biscuit instead of the hash browns. It wasn't the best biscuit. It was a little doughy. I think I'd go for the hash browns next time and they were better.
The coffee was quite good but there were no spoons giving with the coffee cups. I stirred it as best I could with my fork so the sugar ended up a glob in the bottom of my cup.
It would be good if they ask people they would like a spoon with their coffee. Also, most people don't need straws, which means plastic straws are a waste of resources. It just takes a second to ask if somebody wants one instead of assuming.
In all I found a good place and I would go back for that that yummy omelette.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

It has been a little over two years since I last submitted a review of this place. I must say, that the place is still awesome! I ordered a scrapple, egg and cheese sandwich with home fries and everything came out hot. The sandwich was fantastic. The scrapple is done with just enough crunch on the outside and softness in the middle to make it perfect.

As always, you can expect a short wait to be seated, unless you are an early bird. When there is a place this awesome, everyone wants to be there.

Our waitress was awesome. She was friendly and attentive to all our needs.

I love this place.